Photo
- - - - -

Panthers Want to Start Newton Week 1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#25 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

Only if he is ready. No point in rushing him out there.

What if he is not ready but still 10x better than our other 2 Qbs (which looks likely)?? Should we still keep him on the sidelines??

#26 Cover2

Cover2

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

There some cam haters they have to nerve to compare him to russell

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

Media is just speculating.

pretty safe to say, though, that the ideal situation and what they want to be the case is that the QB they picked #1 overall will be able to start day 1.

to think that they want someone else to start is bordering on foolish. they only have him under contract for 4 years before they have to pay the man big time. i don't think they are going to want to pay him for 4 years for 3 years of starting. they want to get that big boy on the field as soon as they can for as long as they can. they are going to be working to make sure he is ready and newton has it in his head that there is no other way for him to be but ready when the season starts and the pressure is on him to make sure that he is.

they probably won't start him if he is behind where they think he should be or someone else is doing much better, but make no mistake, they want him to start right away.

#28 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

This is the weirdest response I've ever read...

Is this the same guy who puts his foot in the toilet and pees down his leg late at night when he's trying not to make noise?