Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delhommey

An NFL Insider Speaks About Carolina and Richardson

44 posts in this topic

lol someone just read my thread

re: williams. we could have done alright losing him, but the guy is great for the team. his attitude and personality is a lot like newton's in that it's very positive and infectious. he also puts forth a good example for the players around him. williams has a great work ethic. in know a lot of the credit for that work ethic goes to uncle vinny, but it stuck with him.

for a team trying to rebuild (debate whether they are or aren't in another thread), guys like him are incredibly important.

1 person likes this

wow you're great for our team here's a contract that's terrible for it

contract might have been a little excessive, but it wasn't "terrible" for it.

#notmymoneysoidontreallycare

Nice comment on us. Even if DWill falters over the next couple of years we have several others to take up the slack. With that DWill will still be here to give support and experience to these guys which speaks volumes. But don't expect any less from him. He has a lot more to give on and off the field.

1 person likes this

looks like its all rainbows and unicorns now after 2 years of calling Richardson every name in the book

Why don't you guys listen to TruCatzFan?

1 person likes this

I respect this guy. Not alot of people would stick it out there for a 2-14 team

looks like its all rainbows and unicorns now after 2 years of calling Richardson every name in the book

I just hope the unicorns arent gay - OUCH.

not that theres anything wrong with it

Nice comment on us. Even if DWill falters over the next couple of years we have several others to take up the slack. With that DWill will still be here to give support and experience to these guys which speaks volumes. But don't expect any less from him. He has a lot more to give on and off the field.

At this point I'm ready to sit back, watch the games unfold and hopefully DeAngelo will keep contributing all season. Seems pretty likely the verdict on the contract will come after this year. I think there's still gas in the tank.

Also, the UFA signings, and extensions on existing contracts seem to be setting examples for future players. Performance rewarded. It's happened here before, even when there has been wide disagreement about the rational behind it.

I think we locked up great talent we could have lost.

I've been saying it... idk why people can't figure it out. JR paid DWill as much, if not more, for who he is as a person than who he is as a player.

exactly right. Williams is a very good RB, but he got paid because he is such a good teammate, and you want you're core leaders to be happy and set an example. Given the circumstances, we couldn't have afforded to let him go anyway, because Cam is going to need all the help he can get.

I am happy with everything the FO has done so far(minus N Hayden...). There are a few more pieces I would like to see added, but it isn't over yet, still have preseason cuts coming up.

1 person likes this

I've been saying this... But now that someone with credentials has said it... Everybody should jump on board!

I did learn quite a few interesting tidbits though. GREAT read!

Pi and swag for the dig

No way, we are not a clear shot playoff team now. Heck, we aren't even a legitimate .500 team yet until we see if this new system will work in games.

P.s. The only team people are jumping on right now are the Eagles.