• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

contract might have been a little excessive, but it wasn't "terrible" for it.

#notmymoneysoidontreallycare

#17 pland67

pland67

Cam-nation

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

Nice comment on us. Even if DWill falters over the next couple of years we have several others to take up the slack. With that DWill will still be here to give support and experience to these guys which speaks volumes. But don't expect any less from him. He has a lot more to give on and off the field.

#18 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

looks like its all rainbows and unicorns now after 2 years of calling Richardson every name in the book

#19 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

Why don't you guys listen to TruCatzFan?

#20 TwinkleToes

TwinkleToes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

I respect this guy. Not alot of people would stick it out there for a 2-14 team

#21 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

looks like its all rainbows and unicorns now after 2 years of calling Richardson every name in the book

I just hope the unicorns arent gay - OUCH.

not that theres anything wrong with it

#22 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

Nice comment on us. Even if DWill falters over the next couple of years we have several others to take up the slack. With that DWill will still be here to give support and experience to these guys which speaks volumes. But don't expect any less from him. He has a lot more to give on and off the field.

At this point I'm ready to sit back, watch the games unfold and hopefully DeAngelo will keep contributing all season. Seems pretty likely the verdict on the contract will come after this year. I think there's still gas in the tank.

Also, the UFA signings, and extensions on existing contracts seem to be setting examples for future players. Performance rewarded. It's happened here before, even when there has been wide disagreement about the rational behind it.

I think we locked up great talent we could have lost.

#23 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:21 PM

I've been saying it... idk why people can't figure it out. JR paid DWill as much, if not more, for who he is as a person than who he is as a player.

exactly right. Williams is a very good RB, but he got paid because he is such a good teammate, and you want you're core leaders to be happy and set an example. Given the circumstances, we couldn't have afforded to let him go anyway, because Cam is going to need all the help he can get.

I am happy with everything the FO has done so far(minus N Hayden...). There are a few more pieces I would like to see added, but it isn't over yet, still have preseason cuts coming up.

#24 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

I've been saying this... But now that someone with credentials has said it... Everybody should jump on board!

I did learn quite a few interesting tidbits though. GREAT read!

Pi and swag for the dig

No way, we are not a clear shot playoff team now. Heck, we aren't even a legitimate .500 team yet until we see if this new system will work in games.

P.s. The only team people are jumping on right now are the Eagles.

#25 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:01 AM

I have always thought that our team had a strong core of very good players. You cannot help but think that with Smitty, Beason, Williams, Stewart, Goodson, Kalil, Gross, Johnson, Otah, etc. in the lineup. I thought all that was missing was someone to give them heart and fire, and I think that was acquired when Coach Rivera and Cam joined the Panthers. Add in that we've shored up some glaring weaknesses (TE, DT), and most of our starters are healthy again, and I can't help but believe we will be a force to be reckoned with this season. We may not make the playoffs, but we will certainly not be the doormat of the league again.

#26 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:35 AM

Nice read. In general we've been getting a lot more coverage which is a nice change of pace.

#27 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:57 AM

I respect this guy. Not alot of people would stick it out there for a 2-14 team

you respect a guy for "sticking it out there" by quoting anonymous sources???

:confused:

#28 dksmith17

dksmith17

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

contract might have been a little excessive, but it wasn't "terrible" for it.

The perception by most NFL geeks is that it is terrible for the team. You don't ever pay big money to elite RBs just out of principle. And justifiably so as most recently good teams haven't had an elite RB. But it seems like they forgot about the new CBA. We have our future franchise QB first contract on the cheap. In the past you couldn't do that. So there will be extra money available to spend until Cam's second contract comes around.

#29 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

You have to be a Carolina Panthers fan to understand why Dwill as been payed so nicely.
For us it is obvious.

#30 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

you respect a guy for "sticking it out there" by quoting anonymous sources???

:confused:

I think he's respecting the anonymous source.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com