Photo
- - - - -

if Cam fails how long will u bandwagoners take to leave?

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#61 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:24 AM

I think what works most against Clausen is that everyone expected better. I mean out of the draft he was the only one with the "Most NFL ready" title. We all felt like we got a steal in the second round considering the no 1st round pick. It was all setting up perfectly. Matt Moore had the helm and Jimmy was going to sit and learn under him for about 2 years. Soon there would be a big QB camp battle and we would either have to choose him or Moore. Good problem to have imo.

This however did not happen. Not only did Matt Moore catch Jakus Delhomeitus, Clausen was putting forth historically bad performances. He was given 9 games to start and progressively got worst. Saying he was in a bad situation can be debated. Saying he showed NO improvement can not. Being at games you could see open receivers and he either didn't see them, or checked down before play could develop. He had bad body language, no confidence, and it really didn't seem to me anyone on the team really liked him. Some defended him, but it was done because they were good teammates. Cam was probably the most popular QB on the team before training camp began.

#62 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:52 AM

this thread is retarded why even post childish things like this

#63 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:36 AM

I agree on the injury front. I think Cam's size might offer him some protection when some monster linebacker welcomes him to the NFL. But at the same time, I think getting his bell rung by Ray Lewis or someone like him, will give him incentive to pick up his game and get the ball out quicker. Cam strikes me as a fast learner, and big or not, he'll quickly opt for not getting hit over absorbing a pounding.

Edited by Cape Fear Cat, 03 August 2011 - 05:37 AM.
atrocious grammar

#64 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

http://t2.gstatic.co...a75SIT-ljGg&t=1

#65 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

Back to the original question....

Cant say about when the Cam bandwaggoners will leave, but if last season is any indication, it would be more than 3-4 bad games by Cam before people here will be screaming that he sucks, will never be an NFL-caliber QB, and will once again be hanging onto Andrew Lucks balls.

As I recall, Clausen was going to sit most if not all of last season. Not that MM was some great prodigy to apprentice under, but if memory serves Clausen was thrown in not because MM sucked (although he didn't resemble the end of 2009) but because Moore sustained a concussion.

Clausen was bad...that's for sure, but if you look back at all of those games and take into consideration the penetration the OLine allowed on nearly every offensive play, the lack of targets, and a jittery rookie, all of that sandwiched between Davidson's middle school complexity and PREDICATBLE play calling, and every team stacking the box knowing there was a rookie back there, you have to acknowledge that nearly any rookie would struggle in that kind of situation. I mean seriously we had two QB's out with concussion last season, and while neither of them played up to the level we hoped or expected,the way both of them were basically thrown out with the trash by week 8 by most on this board last season is shocking.

Personally, i don't give a rats ass who starts the first preseason or regular season game, but I hope that whoever it is....the first few preseason games 75% of every play called is a pass. If we don't do this or cant be successful at it, we will again see defenses putting 8-9 players up on the line, and despite Cams athleticism that is not a good situation for him, or Clausen.

#66 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:29 AM

Sorry we didn't take dareus like you wanted

#67 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,993 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:39 AM

I'd like to reverse the question...what does Cam have to do to not be labeled a bust. Give me your requirements so I can log them and hold you accountable

#68 jherald

jherald

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:58 AM

Well I stuck around through Delhomme's decline and don't imagine that I'll change my all time favorite team just because Cam doesn't work out. I'm not worried though because he's connecting all of the dots. This kid can read a field better than most NFL QB's already. He has outstanding work ethic and is a natural leader in practice. The coach's are impressed as well.

I really don't want to throw him to the wolves and I'm confident that the staff wouldn't do it anyway. Unless they are only concerned with asses in seats. But I don't get that from JR. He wants a ring so he can sit at the table with his buddy JJ in Dallas and talk about how many diamonds each have.

#69 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

I hate bandwagoners as much as the next guy but come on man. You weren'y even here for the last championship game as weren't most of us. Whats the point of hoping our franchise qb fails.

#70 PanthersGuy28

PanthersGuy28

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

Cam failing lol, he doesn't know what fail means

#71 jherald

jherald

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:33 AM

Cam failing lol, he doesn't know what fail means

He doesn't does he? :D

#72 PanthersGuy28

PanthersGuy28

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:36 AM

He doesn't does he? :D

320 total yards against AZ week1, 212 passing 108 rushing and three scores. two running, one passing.

#73 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

When I first got here a few weeks ago, I confessed my sin of formerly being a Falcon's fan.

But, even then, I always respected Jerry Richardson.

I also always had a world of respect for Ron Rivera (wanting, at that time, the Falcons to hire Rivera when they hired Mike Smith).

Add on to that my long-time distaste for that oily-as-hell Arthur Blank, my tiring of the "Matty Ice" legend when he hasn't accomplished jack squat, and then the Falcon's continuing, year after year, to try to build a team from the skill positions out and ignoring the building blocks (OL and DL).

Then, when Carolina drafted Cam, I looked at what I liked in the NFL and what I didn't like and asked myself "Why am I here?" (with regard to the Falcons).

And decided NO GOOD REASON.

I actually liked and admired more things about the Carolina organization than I did my supposed "favorite team".

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm an Auburn alum and die-hard Cam fan so that had a lot to do with it.

But there were LOTS of reasons I decided to switch.

And I sure as hell don't intend to switch back.

#74 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

I agree on the injury front. I think Cam's size might offer him some protection when some monster linebacker welcomes him to the NFL. But at the same time, I think getting his bell rung by Ray Lewis or someone like him, will give him incentive to pick up his game and get the ball out quicker. Cam strikes me as a fast learner, and big or not, he'll quickly opt for not getting hit over absorbing a pounding.

One thing I noticed about Cam in 14 games last year is that he has fantastic field awareness and is VERY GOOD about NOT taking that hit.

#75 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,742 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

I think increased traffic is not only about Newton but the fact that we went out and spent big in free agency for the first time since 2008. Traffic jumped not when Newton was drafted but in the past week. When will it go down significantly? Likely after we drop several games and people's expectations come back to earth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com