Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam's accuracy

516 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Is anyone else concerned about Cam's accuracy? When has a QB ever entered the NFL with below average accuracy for a QB at the NFL level and turned into a dynamic passer? Accuracy is something that shouldn't be a question for a #1 draft pick. I've seen posts comparing him to Vick and Steve Young, but he reminds me much more of a Tebow or VY. Vick and Young were/are accurate passers with great running ability. I see Cam/VY/Tebow as great runners with below avg accuracy.
I believe Cam can extend drives and help win games because of his running ability, but to take the Panthers to the level we want to be, I'm doubtful. Unless you have an unbelievable defense, winning the Super Bowl requires a really good passing game in the modern day NFL. Can accuracy be developed that much at this point? It seems to me most QBs either have it by the time they reach the NFL or they never do. I see Cam having a VY type record as a starting QB which is good, but I'd be suprised to see him turn into an elite passer.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

How did you start a thread?
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Cam has no accuracy issues.

Cam always throws the ball to the perfect spot, the receivers are just in the wrong spot most of the time. It's their fault.

Cam is the best passer college football has ever seen and in no way were those numbers influenced by throws behind the LOS and his receivers doing all the work.

I expect Cam to be the best passer in the NFL.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Cam has no accuracy issues.

Cam always throws the ball to the perfect spot, the receivers are just in the wrong spot most of the time. It's their fault.

Cam is the best passer college football has ever seen and in no way were those numbers influenced by throws behind the LOS and his receivers doing all the work.

I expect Cam to be the best passer in the NFL.

Posted · Report post

Look at McNabb's success in Philly....how many winning seasons and how many postseason runs did they have? How was his accuracy?

Cam has tons of talent. He has no accuracy issues going deep. He might not be Peyton Manning but I am not overally concerned......sure it isn't great but he should improve as time goes on. He knows he has to work on his accuracy short and mid range......he has enough talent and a skill set to offset that negative to some a large degree.

Posted · Report post

How did this guy get past the 100 post minimum? Is it a bug in the new Huddle App?

As to the OP... No I am not concerned about his accuracy. You cannot compare Cam to VY or Tebow. 20 something teams passed on Tebow, if we passed on Cam, he wouldn't of made it out of the top 5. Vince Young is just Vince Young, a mentally unstable player who's internal problems caused his career to go sideways. Cam's a hard worker, and if he has a flaw in his passing game, I'm sure he will work his A$$ off to get it better. He has my support, and I am very excited to see him destroy the Giants on August 13th.

Posted · Report post

double posts and bugs haunt this thread im out of here.......woooosh

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheRealDeal']Cam has no accuracy issues.

I expect Cam to be the best passer in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

I agree with TRD. Cam's long ball looks to be pretty accurate and as the receivers get more comfortable running their routes, his accuracy should improve. Can't wait.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA']Look at McNabb's success in Philly....how many winning seasons and how many postseason runs did they have? How was his accuracy?

Cam has tons of talent. [B]He has no accuracy issues going deep.[/B] He might not be Peyton Manning but I am not overally concerned......sure it isn't great but he should improve as time goes on. He knows he has to work on his accuracy short and mid range......he has enough talent and a skill set to offset that negative to some a large degree.[/QUOTE]

McNabb was in a completely different offense.

The bolded part is just outrageous.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Gipetto']double posts and bugs haunt this thread im out of here.......woooosh[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and it's already infected by the TRD virus, get it off mah dick!!!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheRealDeal']McNabb was in a completely different offense.

The bolded part is just outrageous.[/QUOTE]

Don't believe everything you hear from the media just watch his games. He's very accurate deep.

Posted · Report post

TRD is the best poster on the site.

See what I did there.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheRealDeal']McNabb was in a completely different offense.

The bolded part is just outrageous.[/QUOTE]

McNabb may have been in a different offense.....he was not even close to being considered an accurate passer though. The need for accuracy is probably more important for his offense. His other postive aspects help offset the fact he struggled making tons of throws that are generally required to run that offense.

Cam has a great deep ball. He has always had a good feel and placement on those throws. Sorry TRD, but there are postives to his game. It ain't all doom and gloom.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Gipetto']Don't believe everything you hear from the media just watch his games. He's very accurate deep.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was very accurate when throwing to Ricky Manning JR. Too! Lol.

Posted · Report post

Accuracy will be improved as he gets more practices and games in. I'm not too worried, it'll come.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jherald']I agree with TRD. Cam's long ball looks to be pretty accurate and as the receivers get more comfortable running their routes, his accuracy should improve. Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

um?

Posted · Report post

You realize he doesn't have significant accuracy issues, right? He makes some rookie mistakes but that's to be expected. Have you even been to camp? Cease making threads.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarolinaCatBrigade']Yeah, and it's already infected by the TRD virus, get it off mah dick!!![/QUOTE]

I'd post a cute .gif of someone trying to disinfect their crotch, but that might make someone's panties twist up.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman']How did you start a thread?[/QUOTE]
seriously though, 11 posts...what gives?

Posted · Report post

The fact that you used Vick as an example of an accurate passer should prove that accuracy can be improved. During Vick's failcons days he was the definition of inaccurate.

Posted · Report post

More importantly what color and brand of jock strap does Cam wear?

these are the things you need to know in order to sniff properly

Posted · Report post

Cam's accuracy, on a relative basis, sucks.

On his staged pro day he missed 6 open receivers.

Clausen, McCoy, and Bradford combined missed 3... and they aren't tops in accuracy by any means.

But am I worried? No.

I'm not worried because a dual threat quarterback find open receivers in space. Unlike Clausen who will have to throw lasers into a defense expecting a pass, Cam can shake things up with his mobility and find an open man without having to worry about hitting him right in the numbers. If you watch Vince Young, he does that all day. Vick used to do that for a living, but I can honestly say his accuracy drastically improved last year. McNabb has a rocket arm and was very dangerous when he used to be accurate, but last year his touch on passes was terrible.

Posted · Report post

I only attended one practice (the first one) but I didn't see any major accuracy issues with the passes Cam was throwing and in some cases he appeared to be the most accurate QB on the field (may not be saying much). I was suprised to see him throw the ball into the ground 10 ft. infront of a receiver when he was rolling out of the pocket (scrambling, not a designed roll out) but he was throwing it on the run and accross his body. I also saw him underthrow one or two deep routes (not badly) but I think that's more a matter of timing then accuracy - he also made a few beautiful deep throws.

I do think Cam has a tendancy to put a little too much on the ball at times and this has been mentioned by others as well. This results in some high throws and those can be dangerous, but that's fixable.

It's too early to come to any conclusions good or bad about Cam, but I don't have any major concerns based on what I've seen/heard so far.

Posted · Report post

My God. Cam has had two padded practices in a brand new offense (to everybody) with WR's that he's never played with. Did anybody really think that the ball would never touch the ground?
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='personal_foul']Is anyone else concerned about Cam's accuracy? When has a QB ever entered the NFL with below average accuracy for a QB at the NFL level and turned into a dynamic passer? Accuracy is something that shouldn't be a question for a #1 draft pick. I've seen posts comparing him to Vick and Steve Young, but he reminds me much more of a Tebow or VY. [/QUOTE]

You......you DO realize Vick's accuracy was worse coming into the draft than Cam's was coming into the draft, right?

Or do you just excuse the stats to make pooty threads?
1 person likes this