Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam's accuracy

519 posts in this topic

Posted

I want this game tape.. been asking people forever.. watching games on the TV is THE worst avenue to judge a player/team..

TiVO makes all the difference man.

/sarcasm

:lol:

1 person likes this

Posted

Great...another decent thread hijacked by 3-4 idiots who want to get into another pissung match with each other.

How do you figure? Post #3 is when it raced off the cliff into the valley of trolls.

Posted

My point actually wasn't bout Luck, Cam, or TDs. It is about trying to qualify everything that happens good or bad. It is a pooty argument all the way around on both sides. Cam was pretty accurate down the field but Peyton Manning has 3 bad passes of over 20 yard in any given game so surely Cam had more than 3 the entire season.

Dude said he watched every throw and there wasn't more than 3.

You mean the one where he completed 2/3rds of his passes?

And threw 30 TDs as opposed to 7 interceptions?

That inaccurate college career?

Saying simple things like that doesn't mean accuracy though. That's where I think we have a difference of opinion. I like to look at ball placement, whether the receiver can run after catch, etc when it seems people here are just focused on the outcome.

Catch = Accurate

Incomplete = Not Accurate

When that's not the case.

I want this game tape.. been asking people forever.. watching games on the TV is THE worst avenue to judge a player/team..

I don't need to prove that I can have access to it. If I wasn't bad at uploading stuff I would be happy to send you a requested game.

College is easier to get than NFL and I think Panther games will be harder to get for me in the future.

Maybe we can work something out? PM Me

Posted

19 posts quoting me or about me in an hour...

Not bad Huddle, not bad

Posted

Lately 3-4 posts is all we get before the same crowd derails it into a "my kid can beat up your kid" contest.

We know those who love Cam and those who don't. We don't have to keep making the same arguements over and over and over.

Just my two cents worth.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Posted

I guess it just comes down to a difference in agreement on the definition of accuracy.

If that's the case, I can understand why others think he is very accurate

Posted

Cam's Efficiency Rating of 182.05 was 2nd best in the NCAA last Fall! In the Top 5 for FBS All-time. Explain to me how one can be so worried about his accuracy?

1 person likes this

Posted

Is anyone else concerned about Cam's accuracy? When has a QB ever entered the NFL with below average accuracy for a QB at the NFL level and turned into a dynamic passer? Accuracy is something that shouldn't be a question for a #1 draft pick. I've seen posts comparing him to Vick and Steve Young, but he reminds me much more of a The Golden Calf of Bristol or VY. Vick and Young were/are accurate passers with great running ability. I see Cam/VY/The Golden Calf of Bristol as great runners with below avg accuracy.

I believe Cam can extend drives and help win games because of his running ability, but to take the Panthers to the level we want to be, I'm doubtful. Unless you have an unbelievable defense, winning the Super Bowl requires a really good passing game in the modern day NFL. Can accuracy be developed that much at this point? It seems to me most QBs either have it by the time they reach the NFL or they never do. I see Cam having a VY type record as a starting QB which is good, but I'd be suprised to see him turn into an elite passer.

That might be the most uneducated, unintelligent and completely wrong post yet. Thanks for playing and go brush up on your football history!

1 person likes this

Posted

Cam's Efficiency Rating of 182.05 was 2nd best in the NCAA last Fall! In the Top 5 for FBS All-time. Explain to me how one can be so worried about his accuracy?

Good first post. I can tell you're going to be a solid contributor on this board.

What part of the efficiency rating has to do with accuracy? Please tell me.

Completion % has to do with completions not accuracy.

They are 2 different things and I think you people are struggling with that.

Yes, I mean you people.

Posted

It's funny on this board.

How accurate was Brett Farve? One of the greatest QBs of all time was horrible in Atlanta.

Steve Young, well, go look at some old Bucs films.

Kenny Stabler, for those of you old enough to remember could be as accurate as he wanted to be, well, until the point spread was in question, then he could not hit the broad side of a barn.

Let us see him play before we start questioning everything about him.

Another thing, he is not VT, he is not Steve Young, he is not Donovan McNabb, he is not The Golden Calf of Bristol. Let's let him define who and what he is by his own play.

Oh yeah, he's not Matt Moore, thank God.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty sure I bet someone that other people would bring up Matt Moore without me doing it once he was gone...need to look that up because I'm killin that bet as well.

Posted

what do you use to evaluate a QBs accuracy? you can't have a very high efficency rating by throwing a lot of incompletions and interceptions. comp pct, efficency rating, td to int ratio, and ypa are the criteria that most people use to evaluate a QB but obviously you're special......kinda like Timmy from South Park.

Good first post. I can tell you're going to be a solid contributor on this board.

What part of the efficiency rating has to do with accuracy? Please tell me.

Completion % has to do with completions not accuracy.

They are 2 different things and I think you people are struggling with that.

Yes, I mean you people.