Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

personal_foul

Cam's accuracy

519 posts in this topic

I hate having to spread to rep your ass, P-diddy.

Thank you all for the kind words and comments for that post! It's genuinely appreciated as I really spoke/typed that from the heart. I love my team and view our shared love of the team as an extended family type of bond... Not to get all sappy, but I'm just tired of all the excess stuff and want the focus to go back to our team and football... Thanks again.

why...please enlighten me. Vick's accuracy wasn't great at the start of his NFL career, but I admitted I was wrong there. What else is wrong with this post. I'm asking a question. I'm aware QBs can marginally improve accuracy in the NFL from what they had before. I think Cam needs more that marginal improvement as a passer. I just have serious doubts about Cam's ability to turn into a NFL championship caliber QB (which is what you expect when you draft a QB with the 1st overall pick). An important job of a QB is to throw the ball accurately in the right window at the right time, I have serious questions about whether or not Cam can develop enough to be that type of a QB on a consistent enough basis to be considered a great passer. At the NFL level, he's freakish athletic ability will be diminished somewhat compared to college and he'll have to rely on his accuracy in much tighter windows. Not to mention the offense he ran in college was closer to a high school playbook than NFL. For those dogging my post and saying Cam's accuracy has never been in question, I don't know what to say except we have a very different opinion of him. I see a slightly better Vince Young....that's not the worst thing in the world.

Sorry, took it a little harsh there. As a Panthers fan I watched Vick tear us up for years with below average accuracy, which was your first point. Don't forget Josh Freeman too, good ex. there.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"you must spread reputation around before giving it to Poudiddy again!

Mods... Please cut this out, create a new thread and Sticky it!

Post of the year... 2pac was wrong!! Cause that last post was the realest sh!t ever wrote!

say what?

Thank you all for the kind words and comments for that post! It's genuinely appreciated as I really spoke/typed that from the heart. I love my team and view our shared love of the team as an extended family type of bond... Not to get all sappy, but I'm just tired of all the excess stuff and want the focus to go back to our team and football... Thanks again.

So I created a thread with your awesome rant in hopes of making the Huddle a better place. Hope u don't mind...

But it just completely evaporated into thin air... Not even moved.... It's like it never happened. Funny that they do that with something that could actually make the huddle better... But they leave all the crap up!

Didn't even get a pm as to why... Oh well.

Ivantgeawesome is the only one that could confirm this

So I created a thread with your awesome rant in hopes of making the Huddle a better place. Hope u don't mind...

But it just completely evaporated into thin air... Not even moved.... It's like it never happened. Funny that they do that with something that could actually make the huddle better... But they leave all the crap up!

Didn't even get a pm as to why... Oh well.

Ivantgeawesome is the only one that could confirm this

I saw it. Tried to click and it was already gone; guess the rant will have to live in infamy through this thread

1 person likes this

Once he refines his footwork his accuracy will improve. From what I've read his biggest problem is he gets antsy in 11-on-11 drills.

I do think the worst thing we can do right now is try to limit his running. If he feels more comfortable taking off when pressured than standing in the pocket and delivering a strike, then we should let him run... for now. Obviously in the long term he's going to have to learn how to make those tough throws, but we have to use him right now based on what he does best and is most comfortable with, and right now that's shotgun and scrambling.

Cam, Cam, Cam's the man.....if he can't do it Armanti can.

Accuracy can be taught/Cam can learn it over time. Being 6'5", 230ish, running like a RB, and a cannon arm can't be taught.