#31 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

What accuracy issues?

His 66.1% at Auburn that shot over 70% when blitzed?

Vick's highest was 58.8 while a freshman and that dropped to 54.2 the next year.

#32 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

Cam's accuracy, on a relative basis, sucks.

On his staged pro day he missed 6 open receivers.

Clausen, McCoy, and Bradford combined missed 3... and they aren't tops in accuracy by any means.

But am I worried? No.

I'm not worried because a dual threat quarterback find open receivers in space. Unlike Clausen who will have to throw lasers into a defense expecting a pass, Cam can shake things up with his mobility and find an open man without having to worry about hitting him right in the numbers. If you watch Vince Young, he does that all day. Vick used to do that for a living, but I can honestly say his accuracy drastically improved last year. McNabb has a rocket arm and was very dangerous when he used to be accurate, but last year his touch on passes was terrible.

ask Philly fans about his accuracy....has always been off. But do to his athleticism he made it work as you mentioned in regards to using your mobility to your advantage.

#33 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,691 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

he'll get there.

remember we have a contingency plan for all this... the chudz offense relies heavily on tight ends, which are an inaccurate rookie QB's best friends, and we have two damn fine ones. we also made keeping the running game intact a big priority, which is a rookie QB's other best friend.

cam will eventually be forced to be accurate - and i believe he will, given time - but there's no need to panic if he's not a sniper on day one.

#34 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

seriously where did these accuracy problems come from? I'm pretty damn positive any and all accuracy problems he might have now have to do with his footwork dropping back from under center and not taking plays from shotgun, like many, many players who came from a spread offense in college. It's something he is only going to improve on as he gets more and more comfortable playing under center.

#35 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,395 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

Cam has no accuracy problems.

Cam has no handing off issues.

Cam has no money problems.

Cam has no short dick problems.

Cam has no skinny ass problems.

Cam is the best of all time.

copy cat

#36 personal_foul

personal_foul

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

You......you DO realize Vick's accuracy was worse coming into the draft than Cam's was coming into the draft, right?

Or do you just excuse the stats to make pooty threads?

I disagree somewhat. Vick's problems were decision making more than accuracy IMO. Although, you and another poster make a good point that Vick wasn't overly accurate and now is very accurate. Therefore he's a good example of someone whose accuracy improved while in the league by a large margin. Good point. Thanks

#37 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

he'll get there.

remember we have a contingency plan for all this... the chudz offense relies heavily on tight ends, which are an inaccurate rookie QB's best friends, and we have two damn fine ones. we also made keeping the running game intact a big priority, which is a rookie QB's other best friend.

cam will eventually be forced to be accurate - and i believe he will, given time - but there's no need to panic if he's not a sniper on day one.

But... but... #1 draft picks are supposed to play like 4-year vet Peyton Mannings in their first Training Camps and throw the ball so accurately that they can put it on the palms of the hands of receivers who aren't looking back and just run full speed with their arms held out.

/sarcasm

#38 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

Below average accuracy?

lmaoatthefuggingratards.gif

#39 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,106 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

Most of the time inaccuracy comes from poor mechanics and timing. Cam is still a work in progress. All quarterbacks going from college to the NFl suffer some problems with accuracy largely because the defenders are quicker and the windows are smaller. Lets wait until he plays a preseason game at least to decide how he is going to be. If you go to camp regularly you know that most QBs are inaccurate the first week or two. Guys are worrying more about where to put the ball, what play is called, etc to be worried about putting just the right tough on the ball. It takes timing between receivers and quarterbacks and they have no time to work on that.

#40 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Im just worried about his composure in the pocket. He wont be able to do the same things he did in college.

#41 personal_foul

personal_foul

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

But... but... #1 draft picks are supposed to play like 4-year vet Peyton Mannings in their first Training Camps and throw the ball so accurately that they can put it on the palms of the hands of receivers who aren't looking back and just run full speed with their arms held out.

/sarcasm

I didn't start this thread based on 2 rookie camp reports, but based on Cam's college career and predraft workouts to this point. His accuracy in not good compared to many NFL level QBs let alone the 1st pick overall. Hopefully it will improve is all I'm saying.
To the stat posters, you can have a high completion % in college and not be nearly NFL accurate

#42 jherald

jherald

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

um?

LOL. Just capitalizing on his sarcasm. Tends to keep him a little more quiet.

#43 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

I didn't start this thread based on 2 rookie camp reports, but based on Cam's college career and predraft workouts to this point. His accuracy in not good compared to many NFL level QBs let alone the 1st pick overall. Hopefully it will improve is all I'm saying.
To the stat posters, you can have a high completion % in college and not be nearly NFL accurate

And you can't make judgements on NFL accuracy based on two practices.

#44 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

LOL@TRD's alt.

#45 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

Look at McNabb's success in Philly....how many winning seasons and how many postseason runs did they have? How was his accuracy?

Cam has tons of talent. He has no accuracy issues going deep. He might not be Peyton Manning but I am not overally concerned......sure it isn't great but he should improve as time goes on. He knows he has to work on his accuracy short and mid range......he has enough talent and a skill set to offset that negative to some a large degree.

Basically this.

I could see Newton as a McNabb doppleganger, and that's how I see it. Maybe if you want another comparable, Big Ben.

Mcnabb wasn't deadly accurate. Cam won't be all the time either. But just a guy who finds a way to make plays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.