#16 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,733 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

I'm honestly not sure.

I know Gamble's a vet, and a pretty good one, but this is an entirely new defense. He needs to be in there with the rest of those guys learning it.

IIRC, when I was there Monday, Gamble was watching and with the DBs during drills. Hopefully, he has been there every day. If that is the case, he should be OK from an understanding point of view. Execution is a whole other monster though. Hopefully, he can get it done.

#17 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

Yeah, it's a bit of a pressing issue. Depending on how good/bad our QB's are, we could be competitive THIS year! The team has talent. The NFL's about matchups however and in today's game, in this division, you need to matchup well against strong passing attacks. That's why Philly for example is loading up on DB's. We at least need another 2nd tier CB, or Rivera and co. will have to get really creative defensively.

#18 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

http://www.nfl.com/p...2505021/profile

This man can solve the problem

Long lanky experienced

#19 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,602 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

Would like to see us bring in a solid #2 CB
A proven starting caliber RG
If not a true starter at least a rotational DT and DE
Some OT depth

Oh but wait, we're in cap hell and don't have any money to spend. Yay (over)spending spree!

#20 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

Would like to see us bring in a solid #2 CB
A proven starting caliber RG
If not a true starter at least a rotational DT and DE
Some OT depth

Oh but wait, we're in cap hell and don't have any money to spend. Yay (over)spending spree!

Well we can't repair every hole this season. The only GLARING starting hole is CB right now. Depth can be damned.

#21 armistice

armistice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

Bring in good CB to play opposite of Gamble or our defense is going to suffer, doesn't have to be as good as Gamble per se, but at least alongside the talent of our current CB's behind Gamble and taller. Both Captain and rookie guy is 5'9 or thereabouts.

#22 Jak3Allen

Jak3Allen

PTP'er

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

If we don't pick anyone up to play CB then need not worry, Coach Ron and Mcdermott have a better idea about what we have defensively than all us. They know exactly what kind of division the NFC South is. They already know how we're going to defend those teams and bet money its gonna have alot to deal with LB blitzing...

No more balloon coverage BS

#23 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,559 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

I think Schwartz will be fine at RG.

#24 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

pretty sure this is where the last thread went sour. . .

If we're in cap hell then we'll make rosters moves that put us in place. Im sure Goodson could fetch some fair value to someone at this point. Lots of teams looking for bargains out there is what it looks like to me right now. I think the team has showed its going to be aggressive so I think we'll be getting someone to play opposite gamble some way or another. We'll see. Theyve made great roster moves so far.

#25 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Gamble is...well dunno what is wrong with Gamble

This Gamble thing is weird. I can't believe it's a simple virus. He has been almost invisible, no interviews, quotes, etc.

I am not sure everything is quite right with Chris..

#26 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,529 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

Chris Gamble has always been one of those guys that doesn't do a ton of interviews, etc. I don't look too much into that, but, I do think it's weird that he's been sick for about five days now.

Even when I was there Saturday, Chris was sorta standing to himself the whole practice. IIRC, he didn't participate in any 1 on 1 drills.

#27 PanthersPhan18

PanthersPhan18

(0Y0)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

The 49ers should have done the smart thing and release Carlos Rogers instead of Clements. Damn them!

#28 armistice

armistice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

The 49ers should have done the smart thing and release Carlos Rogers instead of Clements. Damn them!

Why release Rogers when they just signed him, what? :\

#29 Babyboyheel

Babyboyheel

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

I think we spent the better part of 2 1/2 years getting rid of everyone over 30 and making a committment to build through the draft with young players. We had options this offseason and we chose to help Cam in every possible way including over paying DWill to give him the best chance for success.

Some position had to suffer and since the coaching staff, as we should, knows this will take another couple of years to get where we need to be they are not going to go against the plan. They are not going to over spend for another CB near 30 or that has a high price. Truth is we don't have the money anyway. Secondary help will come through the draft next year or a free agent steal like Olsen.

Ther is a plan. We will be improved this year and even mores the next. Just to see the potential and path is good enough for me. Everyone sit back and enjoy the ride. It's the journey that is the best part anyway.

#30 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,559 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

I think we spent the better part of 2 1/2 years getting rid of everyone over 30 and making a committment to build through the draft with young players. We had options this offseason and we chose to help Cam in every possible way including over paying DWill to give him the best chance for success.

Some position had to suffer and since the coaching staff, as we should, knows this will take another couple of years to get where we need to be they are not going to go against the plan. They are not going to over spend for another CB near 30 or that has a high price. Truth is we don't have the money anyway. Secondary help will come through the draft next year or a free agent steal like Olsen.

Ther is a plan. We will be improved this year and even mores the next. Just to see the potential and path is good enough for me. Everyone sit back and enjoy the ride. It's the journey that is the best part anyway.

Post of the damned preseason. Somebody sticky this post for the hole forum to see.

Rep to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com