Photo
- - - - -

CB Situation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#81 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Rivera allow Cromartie to" walk" and then took the defense #1? Then didn't everyone realize he wasn't quite as good as thought of?

Just saying, rivera wasn't sent here by ESPN to ensure us losing and I'm quite sure Rivera has put enough thought into picking his poison for this year!

#82 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Uh oh....it's GettleMagic

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

I really, really hope we don't go after Samuel. $5.9M in 2011 (30 yrs old), $8.4M in 2012 (31 yrs old), & $10.4M in 2013 (32 yrs old) is too rich for my blood. The guy either makes picks/ flashy plays, or is a mediocre CB otherwise. He is a solid #1 CB, but for where our franchise is over the next year or two, I'd rather not get locked down with that contract and declining production. If we are a playoff team looking for that last missing piece in our defensive backfield, sure, but we are far from. Get a band-aid (Hayden) for this year, and then fix the CB position next offseason via draft, trade or free agency for a younger guy.

On a sidenote, what's the deal with Brandon Carr from KC?? I see his name listed on the free agency CBs still available, but don't know enough about him. Is he a RFA with a 1st round tender like Grimes?

#83 dksmith17

dksmith17

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

Brandon Carr is a RFA with a 1st round tender. One of the more underrated + rising corners in the league. I would love to get him but highly doubt we pay a first rounder.

Ike Taylor is a guy that is supposedly a high priority for the Steelers to resign. Not sure I buy it. If he isn't, would be a great 1-2 year stop gap.

#84 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:57 AM

Asante's deal might have 3 years left on it, but it is really just a one year contract.

#85 mario

mario

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Ike Taylor is a guy that is supposedly a high priority for the Steelers to resign. Not sure I buy it. If he isn't, would be a great 1-2 year stop gap.

LOL Ike Taylor re-signed like a week ago with Pittsburgh