#16 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,821 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

As a life long Duke fan, unless they are hitting their 3's and keep from going ole to Lawson it won't be a great game.
I'm so sick of K playing Euro ball and not developing a big man or at least some semblance of an inside game.

#17 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

If Nolan and Lance are out, I can't see how Duke can even keep it close. Not trying to make excuses, but being without a starter and 6 man would be tough for any team, like when Lawson was out last year.

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,450 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

Putting too much stock in a freshman going into the biggest game he's played in to this point. Dook still has no answer for UNC's inside game, and they have no answer for Lawson. Could they win? Yup!!! I don't think it's likely, though. I personally think it's likely to be a 20 point route by the Heels.

I just saying they are a better team now than when they first played you guys.

#19 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

I just saying they are a better team now than when they first played you guys.

Not if Nolan and Lance don't play. Pretty unathletic overall without them.

#20 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:37 AM

If Nolan and Lance are out, I can't see how Duke can even keep it close. Not trying to make excuses, but being without a starter and 6 man would be tough for any team, like when Lawson was out last year.

I understand what you're saying that ya'll are hurting without them, however, neither of those guys are anywhere near as important to duke as lawson is/was for carolina.

#21 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

Show me where I've complained about the refs in a Duke game, or any other game, for that matter.

You know what they say about people who assume, right?

I don't think he's saying you're complaining. Sounds like he's complaining himself.

#22 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

As someone else alluded to, those two players aren't nearly as significant as Lawson...But to hear the dookies tell it, Lawson's absence had nothing to do with their victory in CH last year.

#23 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

You hope for good defense in the first half and I'll hope for good defense in the second half. That way at least one of us will be happy.

There's no freaking way the Heels play 40 minutes of defense this year against any team who's above average from the perimeter.

They should still beat Duke whos too one dimensional. But I'm worried about teams like Pitt who will slow us down and could have Sam Young drop 50 on us in the tournament because we have noone who can match up with him.

Losing Ginyard was huge. Not sure we'd be undefeated as the commentators last night alluded to, but we'd probably only have one loss max.

Well, if I have to pick a half, then I'll give you the second half. I would love to see them put a whole defensive game together though. That's what they're gonna have to start doing if they want that championship.

I agree 100% about Ginyard, but they could make up for his absence, or at least lessen the impact, if the whole team would just step it up a notch on the defensive end. They can do it...it's just a matter of doing it consistently.

Of course, you always have to keep in mind that Carolina scores so fast a lot of the time, that the other team gets more chances to score themselves, which skews the defensive stats a bit. It really irks me that a lot of these so called "experts" ignore that little bit of information, even though I agree with them that the defense needs to get better.

#24 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:40 PM

Show me where I've complained about the refs in a Duke game, or any other game, for that matter.

You know what they say about people who assume, right?

No I wasn't saying you, I was throwing out other excuses, that I know would come from others on this board.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't trying to make an ass out of you and me if thats what you are saying. ha.

#25 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

I understand what you're saying that ya'll are hurting without them, however, neither of those guys are anywhere near as important to duke as lawson is/was for carolina.

Agreed, neither is as good as Lawson, BUT the combo of missing both of them will definitly hurt this team. Nolan gives Duke someone on the perimeter who can have speed to attempt to contain Lawson. (Paulus simply doesnt have it) Lance gives an extra body in the post to bang with Tyler and Deon.

If you look at the last Duke Carolina game, both those players combined for 16 points and 11 rebounds.

I honestly think the key is Duke encouraging Lawson to shoot from outside as opposed to driving. So on screens Duke has to go under, take a chance, Im not saying Ty cant shoot from out there, we all know he has done well this year, but take your chance with the outside shoot. If he gets to the lane, which he will if someone goes over a screen, he will score easily or dish off for an easy bucket.

#26 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,893 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

:lol:

[ame][/ame]

#27 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:11 PM

No I wasn't saying you, I was throwing out other excuses, that I know would come from others on this board.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't trying to make an ass out of you and me if thats what you are saying. ha.

Well, I've seen Duke fans make excuses before too, so it's not like this is a lopsided deal. Fair enough though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.