Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where are they now? Past panthers

130 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't know if anyone has seen MMQ Tuesday edition this week but Keary Colbert may be making a comeback to the Chiefs.

Apparently sent a video to the team and was lighting it up and then did likewise in a workout and could get a roster spot as a result

the workout

Posted

Stefan lefors - we all remember him hes currently a free agent in the CFL.

Randy Fasani - could run a bit but don't ever let him pass. Hes currently working as a offensive coordinator at Ripon Christian High School

Eric Shelton - the guy that was suppose to replace stephen davis but was just too how should i say this? lost. Hes currently working at a bed bath & beyond in lexington kentucky.

Ricky Manning, Jr. - good nickleback but horrible starter, He's currently in the UFL on the florida tuskers. Also as far as i know hes banned from every dennys in the country,

Keary Colbert - Mr one year wonder is currently playing for the UFL and as far as i know his hands are still stone.

Drew Carter - looked good at times but fragile as a toothpick. He's currently selling jewlery in cali and acting in commercials.

Jordan Carstens - i loved this guy he was a get er done type of person if he didn't have kidney issues he would probably still be a panther. Right now hes still a waiting a kidney transplant.

it lists Colbert as signed with the Chief's, but it's not like he's going to go in and be an all star. he's a one year wonder like someone else i am not too high on. is that really what Carter is doing???? Manning Jr, how can i forget him, too bad he didnt work out. Eric Shelton, talk about waste. Fasani and QB, nope. LaFlors had a nice story, but he just never wowed me as a QB though i hoped he would.

Posted

good for Colbert - I don't know what happened to him here, but it was clear he had some amount of talent. Hopefully he can make something of his second chance.

2 people like this

Posted

According to Wiki.. He has a projected release date of Oct. 22, 2018. He will be 44 then.

i heard he's trying to get an appeal or something. i hope he doesnt, leave him in the prison where he belongs.

1 person likes this

Posted

good for Colbert - I don't know what happened to him here, but it was clear he had some amount of talent. Hopefully he can make something of his second chance.

I agree, he has obviously still been working his butt off and if he gets another shot I really hope he makes the most of it. Wish he could of been good here after that 1st season thought we had ourselves a legit number 2.

2 people like this

Posted

A friend of mine who claims to be Curtis Whitley's cousin recently told me he's dead. Just "confirmed" it via google because of this thread.

Not to speak ill of the dead, but according to him, Whitley was just a horrible person in every conceivable way.

I always liked him because he went to Clemson.

Posted

I also don't like to speak ill of the dead, but.... Curtis Who???

Posted

I also don't like to speak ill of the dead, but.... Curtis Who???

He was a pretty good center for us during our first playoff run in 96.

I sort of recall we let him go for something like substance abuse and being a jerk.

Posted

Olindo mare - still a free agent

Evan mathis - Currently a captain at guard for the eagles and arguably the best guard in the nfl

Jeff mitchell- currently the vice president of Client Relations for Threadfin Business Solutions. A thriving data marketing firm.

Posted

the workout

">

1 person likes this

Posted

Anyone remember patrick jeffers? I remember that guy went nuts the last 5 games of 1999. Like 800 yards and 8 TDs

Posted

Olindo mare - still a free agent

Evan mathis - Currently a captain at guard for the eagles and arguably the best guard in the nfl

Jeff mitchell- currently the vice president of Client Relations for Threadfin Business Solutions. A thriving data marketing firm.

The way our line coach used to rip into Mathis was needless I thought at the time.. And I was right haha