Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where are they now? Past panthers

130 posts in this topic

Posted

You sure Shelton's working on the retail floor? This article says he lives in Charlotte and is tangled up in a lawsuit against the NFL. Of course, the article is 3 years old...

Eric Shelton, who played one season as a Carolina Panthers running back in 2006, said in the lawsuit that the disability panel mishandled his claim for a permanent neck injury sustained on a helmet-to-helmet collision during Washington Redskins training camp in 2008. He was awarded benefits for “degenerative” impairments that appear more than 6 or 12 months after an original injury, rather than the maximum benefit for injuries that cause immediate, permanent harm.

Similar to hundreds of workers’-compensation cases awaiting resolution in California, Shelton’s case could lead the league, through its recent acknowledgment of the neurological risks of N.F.L. football, to encounter greater liability to players who worked in eras when the league disputed those risks.

Shelton, now 27 and living in Charlotte, N.C., is being represented by Cy Smith, a partner in the Baltimore office of Zuckerman Spaeder who won a notable case several years ago involving the estate of the Hall of Fame center Mike Webster.

Posted

I read an article about how Biakabutuka was doing well in the fried chicken business.

Dan Morgan is a scout in Seattle.

Kevin Greene is coaching with the Packers I believe. He won a ring with them as a coach.

Colin Branch is living in the Charlotte area. I don't believe he is working.

Mike Rucker and Minter own the Ruckus house. My best understanding is it's a sort of tutor/daycare type place.

Chris Harris is pursuing a career as a Club DJ.

Eric Davis is on the NFL Network.

Steve Burlein works in the booth for NFL and College football.

Mike Minter is also a head football coach for Cambell.

Brad Hoover is a Head Coach for Union Academy, a charter school.

Mushin Muhammed briefly worked as a radio hose but has been dealing with back issues. He's worked with potential draft picks and Armanti Edwards as a trainer.

Brenston Buckner is the Defensive Line coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

Chad Cota is living in Oregon and is part owner in a small business.

I believe Stephen Davis is unemployed and dealing with side effects from a long, violent career in the NFL.

Jarrod Cooper created a non profit organization to help animals. Not sure if that is still going on.

Rod Smart lives in Charlotte and works as a counselor for youth.

Matt Wiillig has become a solid C movie actor. Always playing the big goon.

5 people like this

Posted

According to Wikipeidia (so take it for what its worth)

Biakabutuka currently resides in Fort Mill, South Carolina, and owns two Bojangles restaurants in Augusta, Georgia. He had a failed venture as a franchisee of a Nathan's Hot Dog Restaurant.

I thought he sold jewelry in Charlotte.

Posted

I read an article about how Biakabutuka was doing well in the fried chicken business.

Kevin Greene is coaching with the Packers I believe. He won a ring with them as a coach.

Mike Rucker and Minter own the Ruckus house. My best understanding is it's a sort of tutor/daycare type place.

Mushin Muhammed briefly worked as a radio hose but has been dealing with back issues. He's worked with potential draft picks and Armanti Edwards as a trainer.

I believe Stephen Davis is unemployed and dealing with side effects from a long, violent career in the NFL.

Jarrod Cooper created a non profit organization to help animals. Not sure if that is still going on.

I remember seeing matt willig in an episode of dexter as the main protaganist he wasnt too bad the guy is sure moving up in hollywood. Also he's in were the millers which just opened up this weekend

Posted

Chris Harris is the defensive quality control coach for the bears.

Posted

I believe Colin Branch is selling insurance with NW Mutual in Charlotte and Mushin Muhammad recently opened up a restaurant in the Epicenter.

Posted

TECHNICALLY, if you're a free agent in the CFL, you're one in the NFL too. So what youre really saying is Lefors is in mom's basement right? I really hope he gets that call center manager position

Posted

:(  Hope he's okay.

Posted

:(  Hope he's okay.

I think he is ok financially which is better than many of them. But he is having those brain problems.

Posted

LeFors is the head coach at Christian Academy of Louisville (CAL) after serving the past year and change as an assistant QB coach at the University of Louisville....  If you're interested in updating