some thoughts from tattoorhino from tonights practice
Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:09 PM
1. Olsen is gonna be the next Wesley Walls but better. Wow this guy has hands like glue and unlike King who had great hands, Olsen will get you at least 10 more yards after the catch. Great body control and boxes out the defenders like a champ. I really, really like watching him. Should have the best year of his career so far, they are really gonna use him properly.
2. The punting game is way more aggressive this year at practice than I have ever seen. We have some fast hitmen that really do get down the field and most of the time they were there before the ball got there. Cj Wilson is gonna knock some people out on the punt return teams, Super fast down the field.
3. Our starting o-line is gonna be top 5 this year if everyone is healthy. Goodson is one hell of a back and lloks as good so far as double trouble. Might have to be triple threat now. Sutton is awesome too and I would hate to see either of them leave but all of them can find the holes and down the field before anyone can get into position to catch em. I love our running game. That is gonna be key to whoever starts at the QB position.
4. Jimmy wasnt awful tonight and did have a few passes downfield that looked good but even with those I really felt he stayed in the pocket way to long and in a real game he would have been sacked several times in my opinion. Doesnt seem to go through his progressions very fast and always takes the checkdown.
5. Cam is a gunslinger. When he is on the money, he is on the friggin money. Some of his passes where as beautiful as I have ever seen, but when he is bad, he is really bad. I saw him get frazzeled in the pocket and instead of taking the sack it looked like he closed his eyes like Jake and just heaved it any which way but loose. As time goes by and he gets a little more comfortable with the speed of the game I really think that will end. He goes through his progressions really quick and although he had a lot of check downs he still threw a large number downfield that were on the money.
6.Gaither is thick and beefy and brings alot of fire and energy and when he starts getting loud it makes all the LBs go crazy. Our LBs are hungry for blood and given the chance with a little pressure from the dline should be brutal. Ware will not make the team, he hits like a girl, is slow and really looks like a high schooler with the other backs. He might do great on another team but we have the best LB core in the NFL if they stay healthy.
7.Danny Morrison is one of the best moves JR ever made. A class act that really seems to care about the fans and really makes you feel like your a part of something bigger. never ever seen him ignore a fans question and always takes the time to answer it to the best of his knowledge.
8. Lafelle needs some hand transplants. He was even dropping the jugs machine. Not a fan of his. Especially when i watch Trent Guy continously run great routes and catch everything throw his way. Lafelle would be forth or fifth on my list. Not impressive at all.
Ok really tired and going to bed, if I remember anything else I'll post tomorrow.
oh and the guy dressed in the Jake outfit was awesome!! Not really, maybe without the fanny pack.
Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:12 PM
Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:19 PM
Olsen is gonna be the next Wesley Walls but better. Wow this guy has hands like glue and unlike King who had great hands, Olsen will get you at least 10 more yards after the catch. Great body control and boxes out the defenders like a champ. I really, really like watching him. Should have the best year of his career so far, they are really gonna use him properly.
best thing I heard for my money
Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:22 PM
Just kidding. your updates are the best of anyone I follow on twitter. Are you getting back there again before camp ends??
Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:26 PM
Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:35 PM
Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:38 PM
This is a no brainer as far as first TE off the board for your fantasy team. He'll be as good if not better than a 3rd WR
Will make the pro bowl this year... Won't matter who is at QB.
I've said it b4 and I'll say it again. Best trade in Panthers history imo
Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:40 PM