Photo
- - - - -

Am I the only one in the divsion who thinks Saints arent anyones rivals?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

#25 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

Did your cock grow after neg repping me?
What a jackass...

If neg repping you makes the cock grow.
prepare for an onslaught of negs from me:reddevil:

#26 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

According to some here, they dont even think much about playing us....

Maybe they should.

People dont like to admit their inferiorities, especially if they went to the state school

#27 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

I'd say it has all really kinda changed over the years. Back in the early 2000's I think it was more of a rivalry with the Bucs. It really felt that way in our '03 season, especially the game where we blocked two EP's to win the game. I think when Vick was real hot in Atlanta, they became our biggest rival. When you'd watch games and they would show three lines, the yellow first down line, the blue LOS line, and then the red 'this is how far back Vick can run and still outrun everybody for a first down' line, that ish used to piss me off to no end. The latter part of the 2000's it seemed we would always play the Saints late with playoff implications, so that felt more like a rivalry to me then.

All in all, I'd say between parity and scheduling throughout the years, I've grown to hate all 3 equally, and would say they are all our division rivals. Also, we seem to play NYG a lot and I really dislike them as well as far as rivals outside the division.

#28 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

The Saints-Falcons rivalry is the biggest in the division and it isn't really close.

It seems in the Fox era, the majority of those fans hates us the most. But who can really tell. The NO-Atl rivalry is the oldest, but of those 40+ years, they were rarely playing for anything. I would be somewhat surprised if they both fielded competitive teams in same years unil recently.

#29 Seltzer

Seltzer

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

The Saints are not a rival in the sense ATL is, at least to me. A lot of that is because the rivalry between Atlanta and Charlotte goes beyond just football to the cities themselves.

ATL is like the big brother and CLT is the up-and-comer with a chip on their shoulder.

New Orleans is a rival somewhat b/c they are in our division, but there is no city to city rivalry. Partly b/c NO is too far away and New Orleans is a lot smaller.

Beyond that, it is hard to hate NO as a city or a team too much. The Saints sucked for so long, Brees is likeable, the city will never recover to what it once was not only pre-Katrina but even years ago when NO was actually a relevant city nationally.

I do kind of get tired of the "woe is me" cross the Saints have carried for 5 years now, but what else are you going to use to get hyped at living there? Besides Saints football and Mardi Gras, I don't what else you could possibly get geeked up about for very long.

NO as a city is like my old alcoholic fraternity brother who never grew out of it. Fun guy to party with, but you don't want to be around him at 30 the same way you did when you were 20.

NO is great city to visit and party, but I could not imagine living there in the winter. I guess that's why I can't hate on NO too much. I feel too bad for the people that have to live there year round.

#30 Stun704

Stun704

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

Katrina really messed up things as as far as hate goes.. If you need a reason to hate on New Orleans outside of football, they did take the Hornets

#31 Carolina Cajun

Carolina Cajun

Short Bus Allstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

I will give that the Saints and Falcons are rivals primarily because for years and years they played only to see who was the worst team in football, and who was the second worst. They still carry over some of that rivalry to this day, and if you ask fans of either fan base who their rival is, that answer will come up pretty quickly.

With that said, I've felt the last few years that the TB series has really gotten brutal, I think that someone could be carted to a morgue with how hard some of the hits are in those games.

#32 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

The Saints biggest rivals are Syphilis and Chlamydia.

Edited by OneBadassCat, 05 August 2011 - 01:30 PM.

#33 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

I swear to God I never heard anyone give a poo about the saints till the super bowl win.

Everyone always gets riled up when its

atl vs car

car vs tb

tb vs atl

When it comes to saints its like Posted Image

actually, the rivalry between the saints and the falcons is bigger than any of those rivalries you just mentioned.

#34 jtm

jtm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

New Orleans is tough to pull against after what they went through with Katrina and the way they rebounded. Plus, Drew Brees is such a likable guy.

New Orleans hasn't really been a threat in our division until a couple of years ago. Nobody hates the team that is the door mat every year.

#35 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:28 PM

Katrina really messed up things as as far as hate goes.. If you need a reason to hate on New Orleans outside of football, they did take the Hornets

That should be a good reason, but Charlotte apparently didnt care enough about the Hornets at that time that I barely call it a theft.

#36 Seltzer

Seltzer

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

I do want the Hornets name back. I hated Shinn and wanted him out of town, but if any team in the NBA is going to be the Hornets, it should be in Charlotte.

Has anyone else noticed a lot of younger kids around town are wearing Charlotte Hornet hats by the way? I've noticed quite a few.

Heck, I even bought a Charlotte Hornets t-shirt from Old Navy last year. I guess just out of pure nostalia, but I did love the Charlotte Hornets.

Actually, just thinking about that is probably the only thing I could get upset at NO about... I would love for Jordan to negotiate a way to get the Hornets name back, especially since the league took over the Hornets