Photo
- - - - -

Cortland Finnegan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#61 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

worst come back ever?

Worst troll ever?

#62 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

It goes further than the Johnson fight, I dont think all the nay sayers are basing their opinion off of that one example. I dont think with his attitude he would be good for team chemistry.

I just mentioned Andre because it has been brought up multiple times in this thread. Also besides wanting to get paid I don't know where everyone is getting the idea he is a bad teammate with a poor attitude. Can someone actually back their statement up with some evidence?

#63 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

Worst troll ever?

Sorry I responded to you immature, unintelligent post with a post of equal value and you call me a troll? Why don't you add something worth while to the thread.

#64 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:14 PM

I just mentioned Andre because it has been brought up multiple times in this thread. Also besides wanting to get paid I don't know where everyone is getting the idea he is a bad teammate with a poor attitude. Can someone actually back their statement up with some evidence?

OK, screw the fact that he got into it with Andre. How about the way he handled the situation where Orton called him a dirty player for punching a Broncos linemen, which lead to Finnegan getting a fine. Finnegan's response to the media, "I was just being me."

Yeah. There is that. Instead of owning up, making the team look better, and himself, and admitting he did something wrong, he said "Hey, that is just me. The guy who punches people in a game because I am too much of a bitch to play the game the way it is meant to be played."

“Nobody cares about fines. I don’t care. It doesn’t matter. I am going to keep playing the way I play and if we keep getting a FedEx every week and win football games, I could care less about getting a FedEx.” - Cortland Finnegan

Yeah, he's a GREAT guy. :rolleyes:

#65 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

Sorry I responded to you immature, unintelligent post with a post of equal value and you call me a troll? Why don't you add something worth while to the thread.

I called you a troll for your initial post in this thread, and then your response to me just added to that. I think I've added plenty to this thread. You, on the other hand, have provided about as much help to this thread as Bush did to the Katrina victims.

#66 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

Yet he's still better than any DB we have.

#67 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

If we are going to trade for a cornerback, let's go after someone we know we won't regret in trading for. Finnegan would be someone we would regret in obtaining.

#68 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

I'd agree, but you forget Gamble. Or even if you didn't and you're trying to diminish his skill set on purpose. Gamble is a better CB than Courtland "I got the F knocked out of me" Innegan.

#69 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:22 PM

Do I agree with what he said, no. But he wants to win and I like that in a player. Also he doesn't suck. It would be like if James Harrison did everything he did and was a terrible player. It just doesn't work like that. Even Steve Smith has his issues but he is a great player so people tend to forgive him. Plus he is a winner.

#70 PantherExpress

PantherExpress

89's in the building..

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

OK, screw the fact that he got into it with Andre. How about the way he handled the situation where Orton called him a dirty player for punching a Broncos linemen, which lead to Finnegan getting a fine. Finnegan's response to the media, "I was just being me."

Yeah. There is that. Instead of owning up, making the team look better, and himself, and admitting he did something wrong, he said "Hey, that is just me. The guy who punches people in a game because I am too much of a bitch to play the game the way it is meant to be played."

“Nobody cares about fines. I don’t care. It doesn’t matter. I am going to keep playing the way I play and if we keep getting a FedEx every week and win football games, I could care less about getting a FedEx.” - Cortland Finnegan

Yeah, he's a GREAT guy. :rolleyes:

Thats a good sum up. Finnegan is not worth arguing about, imo.

#71 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:26 PM

He's a total douche bag..

#72 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

What are you basing that on? The amount of tackles? Have you considered the fact that the Titans defense blows, forcing a corner to have 100 tackles? His interception numbers? He had 2. His passes defensed numbers? He had 9. Honestly, Finnegan had 1 or 2 decent seasons where he posted 5 interceptions. Which is good, but I wouldn't want him because I think he is just average and I think he is more trouble than he is worth.

In comparison, Captain had 3 interceptions last year and 12 passes batted down. Sounds better than Finnegan to me.

Hell, even Gamble last year, in his WORST season in the league, wasn't far behind Finnegan in numbers. No picks, 8 passes defensed. Not far behind, really. Was he close? Not really, since he didn't force the turnovers, but he did drop a few. So, he had the opportunity to be on par with Cortland "I don't give a damn about anybody but me" Finnegan.

#73 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

Surprised I didn't see this in the thread
Posted Image

#74 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER