• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

Offensive line:
First team:
Gross, Wharton, Cj Davis (Kalil did not practice), Bernadeau, Otah

Second team:
Schwartz played both RG and LG. Ziemba played RT. Williams was at LT, but Bender looked better.

Defensive Line:
First Team:
Ends- Charles Johnson, Everette Brown (Hardy injured)
Tackles- Corvey Irvin, Sione Fua

Second Team-
Ends- Eric Norwood, Malcolm Tatum (some of the time)
Tackles-Andre Neblett, Terrell McClain

Third team-
DE-Thomas Keiser
DT-Hayden, Ellis

Who looked Good:
Cam Newton
Kealoha Pilares
Corvey Irvin
Greg Olsen
Gary Barnidge
Kendric Burney
Legadu Naanee
Mike Goodson

Who Watched from the sideline:
Thomas Davis
Jon Beason
Capt Munnerlyn
Chris Gamble
Brandon Hogan
Dan Connor
David Gettis
Ryan Kalil

Brandon Lafell

#2 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

Interesting that Schwartz wasn't with the first team.

#3 smitty_89

smitty_89

Panther for Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:04 PM

Cam newton had some big plays, one was a beautiful pass, maybe 40 yards or so to Clowney down the right side line.
The best/funniest play was Cam Newton trying to juke CJ on a boot leg but CJ held his own and was able to push him out of bounds with maybe a 2-4 yard gain.

#4 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

I heard Clowney's name a lot, did he look good all day or just have that one big play?

#5 smitty_89

smitty_89

Panther for Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

he had some nice catches but also had some drops, he caught a fade route in the end zone also...he was out there a lot because Lafell and gettis weren't.

#6 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

Interesting that Fua was above McClain. I've heard a lot about McClain and nothing about Fua (besides how massive he is).

#7 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,845 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

Fua plays NT, Ron Edwards position

#8 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

Schwartz looked bad when I watched him. bad feet. Clowney caught 2 impressive passes but he dropped 4 passes that I saw. Not good. Pilares looked very good, Armanti still needs to learn to beat the jam, and we ran some 2 TE sets in the red zone that was for the purpose of creating matchup problems. (Smith, Olsen, Shockey, Naanee). Olsen ran some deep routes and Barnidge looked good. Cam is the real deal. Was reading and looking downfield. Saw WRs and TEs getting open before they were open. Clausen is the opposite. He does not see them getting open, doubts they will or that he can get it there. Still, booing him makes us worse--IDIOTS!!! "But he could not throw a ball past the LOS last year, and since my life is so successful, I feel it is my duty to follow other idiots and bash him at every given opportunity." I can not beleive how many fans in Charlotte are more concerned about their opinions than their team.

#9 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

Interesting that Fua was above McClain. I've heard a lot about McClain and nothing about Fua (besides how massive he is).

Fua was the NT (1 tech) and McClain is a 3 tech.

#10 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

Fua plays NT, Ron Edwards position

Fua was the NT (1 tech) and McClain is a 3 tech.

Ok. I gotcha. I knew that but I was reading it as if it were a depth chart...where McClain was behind Fua.

#11 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

what kind of plays was pilares making out there?

#12 smitty_89

smitty_89

Panther for Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

what kind of plays was pilares making out there?

nothing to get excited about, 10-15 yard catches..mostly towards the middle, may have had a few passes that were a little deeper. He did have better hands than Clowney. If I remember correctly, he didn't have any drops, whereas Clowney had multiple.

#13 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

Cam is the real deal. Was reading and looking downfield. Saw WRs and TEs getting open before they were open.

This is actually really exciting because MHS was one of the serious doubters of Cam going into the draft so it is good to here that he impressed you. Sometimes it is hard to gauge just how well he is doing bc of the Cam love fest but to hear you say that really carries some weight IMO.

I know he still has a long way to go but I am really excited to see this guy in live action.

#14 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

Anyone know why Dan Connor continues on the sidelines? Is he injured or sick?

#15 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,062 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

Schwartz looked bad when I watched him. bad feet. Clowney caught 2 impressive passes but he dropped 4 passes that I saw. Not good. Pilares looked very good, Armanti still needs to learn to beat the jam, and we ran some 2 TE sets in the red zone that was for the purpose of creating matchup problems. (Smith, Olsen, Shockey, Naanee). Olsen ran some deep routes and Barnidge looked good. Cam is the real deal. Was reading and looking downfield. Saw WRs and TEs getting open before they were open. Clausen is the opposite. He does not see them getting open, doubts they will or that he can get it there. Still, booing him makes us worse--IDIOTS!!! "But he could not throw a ball past the LOS last year, and since my life is so successful, I feel it is my duty to follow other idiots and bash him at every given opportunity." I can not beleive how many fans in Charlotte are more concerned about their opinions than their team.

Im impressed. You were one the key cam nay-sayers. Nice write up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com