Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gipetto

All of Cam Newtons plays at FanFest (video)

124 posts in this topic

he's not there yet, looks like.

Rogers looked awful in his first scrimmage and preseason game.

rodgers was also a 4 year vet

Loved seeing Dwill lined up wide, and the screen getting thrown to him at 3:03 in the Jimmy vid. Granted, it was batted down by Norwood it looked like, but if we can get the ball to Deangelo in those scenarios... could be deadly. Think Dwill is gonna wreak havoc on the league again this year, he looks great.

he didnt handle the blitz too well

Edit: also, whos 87? he looked good

True, but the blitzes were beautifully executed. Seeing Martin come down from that FS spot and go untouched a couple times was nice.

Who will view this Cam video more, Panthers fans or other NFL coaches? :wink:

Edit: also, whos 87? he looked good

clowney

I thought they looked about the same...inconsistent. Neither did an outstanding job as neither looked horrible. I don't see where people are thinking Cam is running away with this QB competition. It has to be pure bias, because watching that video and a practice in Spartanburg does indicate that to me at all. Yes, Cam has taken more shots down field. That makes him the better QB? Really? I can heave a ball 40 yards down field, but I am far from a QB, let alone an NFL calibre one. This is not the Pro Bowl Challenge to see how far they can throw the ball. Granted, Cam would win, but chucking a ball deep down field is only ONE aspect of the QB position.

1 person likes this

clowney

Clowney had some nice catches, but he also had a lot of drops. I don't see him making the 53 man roster. I say Smitty, Lafell, Gettis, Armanti, NaaNee, and Pilares, and maybe Wallace Wright for specials teams.

Clausens pass to I believe Goodson gave me goosebumps.

I thought they looked about the same...inconsistent. Neither did an outstanding job as neither looked horrible. I don't see where people are thinking Cam is running away with this QB competition. It has to be pure bias, because watching that video and a practice in Spartanburg does indicate that to me at all. Yes, Cam has taken more shots down field. That makes him the better QB? Really? I can heave a ball 40 yards down field, but I am far from a QB, let alone an NFL calibre one. This is not the Pro Bowl Challenge to see how far they can throw the ball. Granted, Cam would win, but chucking a ball deep down field is only ONE aspect of the QB position.

Cam is looking more, and more like the better OVERALL quarterback. That's why people are saying this.

I honestly would prefer Derek just outshining them both come preseason time, and starting for a few regular season games (if not the whole season) but contrary to popular belief, Rivera and Hurney have set this team up to be competitive no matter who is QB'ing this team.

And with that said, Cam gives this team the better shot at putting up points, and making this team competitive.