Photo
- - - - -

All of Cam Newtons plays at FanFest (video)

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#46 ncsfinest21

ncsfinest21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

Cam looks real good when he isnt blitzed though. But he seems a lil indecisive when the blitz comes. I think more reps would do the trick with blitz packages and that will force him to through the short pass. Also will help him recognize the blitz better and make him feel more comfortable in the pocket. But he is looking real solid. He looks composed and movements seems to be very smooth in the pocket. Definately can get the ball in the receivers hands in stride. I like Jimmy but he just 2nd guesses the pass to much but the thing with jimmy, he just doesnt read the defense well enough to feel comfortable throwing the pass which leads to him through the ball late.

#47 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

So for Clausen, 4 total completions to a WR over 5 minutes of video. In 11 on 11's, there were two. One behind LOS and the second a circus catch by Smith. In 7 on 7's he completed two. Everything else was RB/TE swings and dumps with one long horrible pass to Olsen and a nice floater to Hartsock.

fug yeah Jimmy.

Edited by Sloth, 07 August 2011 - 08:55 PM.

#48 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,712 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

Most surprising thing to me (By Far) is Cam's footwork in the pocket. I don't even remember such fluidity in his motions and drops even at the combine.

#49 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

he's not there yet, looks like.

#50 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

Rogers looked awful in his first scrimmage and preseason game.

#51 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

rodgers was also a 4 year vet

#52 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

Loved seeing Dwill lined up wide, and the screen getting thrown to him at 3:03 in the Jimmy vid. Granted, it was batted down by Norwood it looked like, but if we can get the ball to Deangelo in those scenarios... could be deadly. Think Dwill is gonna wreak havoc on the league again this year, he looks great.

#53 Yaboychris28

Yaboychris28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

he didnt handle the blitz too well

Edit: also, whos 87? he looked good

Edited by DoubleTrouble34, 07 August 2011 - 08:43 PM.

#54 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

True, but the blitzes were beautifully executed. Seeing Martin come down from that FS spot and go untouched a couple times was nice.

#55 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

Who will view this Cam video more, Panthers fans or other NFL coaches? :wink:

#56 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,760 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

Edit: also, whos 87? he looked good

clowney

#57 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

I thought they looked about the same...inconsistent. Neither did an outstanding job as neither looked horrible. I don't see where people are thinking Cam is running away with this QB competition. It has to be pure bias, because watching that video and a practice in Spartanburg does indicate that to me at all. Yes, Cam has taken more shots down field. That makes him the better QB? Really? I can heave a ball 40 yards down field, but I am far from a QB, let alone an NFL calibre one. This is not the Pro Bowl Challenge to see how far they can throw the ball. Granted, Cam would win, but chucking a ball deep down field is only ONE aspect of the QB position.

#58 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

clowney

Clowney had some nice catches, but he also had a lot of drops. I don't see him making the 53 man roster. I say Smitty, Lafell, Gettis, Armanti, NaaNee, and Pilares, and maybe Wallace Wright for specials teams.

#59 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

Clausens pass to I believe Goodson gave me goosebumps.

#60 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,712 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

I thought they looked about the same...inconsistent. Neither did an outstanding job as neither looked horrible. I don't see where people are thinking Cam is running away with this QB competition. It has to be pure bias, because watching that video and a practice in Spartanburg does indicate that to me at all. Yes, Cam has taken more shots down field. That makes him the better QB? Really? I can heave a ball 40 yards down field, but I am far from a QB, let alone an NFL calibre one. This is not the Pro Bowl Challenge to see how far they can throw the ball. Granted, Cam would win, but chucking a ball deep down field is only ONE aspect of the QB position.

Cam is looking more, and more like the better OVERALL quarterback. That's why people are saying this.

I honestly would prefer Derek just outshining them both come preseason time, and starting for a few regular season games (if not the whole season) but contrary to popular belief, Rivera and Hurney have set this team up to be competitive no matter who is QB'ing this team.

And with that said, Cam gives this team the better shot at putting up points, and making this team competitive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com