Photo
- - - - -

600 points and free falling...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#31 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

one reason I don't worry about it, is because I've always wondered what it would be like to live like the first settlers or american pioneers, if the poo really hits the fan, I'm going either east or west nc and have some fun.

#32 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

Very simple. Reduce the cost of doing business in the US. The jobs left in the first place due to the cost of doing business here.

Yeah you know how you reduce the cost of doing business here? You cut the employee wages. So go ahead and do that see what happens next.

#33 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:40 PM

one reason I don't worry about it, is because I've always wondered what it would be like to live like the first settlers or american pioneers, if the poo really hits the fan, I'm going either east or west nc and have some fun.

Let it happen in the next 3 weeks and I will be set. Will be in WV for the next 2 weeks.

#34 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

Yeah you know how you reduce the cost of doing business here? You cut the employee wages. So go ahead and do that see what happens next.

So employees making less money is scarier than employees with no jobs whatsoever?

#35 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:51 AM

I'm going either east or west nc and have some fun.

I will tell you right now as an Appalachian any outsiders will not be given the best hospitality if poo hits the fan. Most of the WNC counties are close knit and will only look out for their own. Asheville has too many pansie ass transplants, you could get lucky here lol!

#36 necroplasm

necroplasm

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:21 AM

Places have been doing that. Cutting wages and cutting benefits entirely through temp agencies is the thing to do these days. Getting hired through a temp agency is about the only thing that's usually available for the average Tom, Harry and Joe Shithead around where I live.

One of the big causes of businesses going over seas.. is due to over regulation and extreme taxation. (which is what I'm guessing pantherfan49 was referring to)

India, Brazil and China is doing fine though ....

#37 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

Yeah I forgot the only overhead in running a business is associated with employee salaries.

#38 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:43 AM

I will tell you right now as an Appalachian any outsiders will not be given the best hospitality if poo hits the fan. Most of the WNC counties are close knit and will only look out for their own. Asheville has too many pansie ass transplants, you could get lucky here lol!

Yes they are and lucky for me that is where my family on both sides is and where my land is located. SO when this poo happens Im heading for the hills with my last tank of gas, car full of guns and ammo and all non perishable food where I'll join my kin.
My feeling is that when this happens America will go back to living as tight knit communities of families. Each person using the knowledge they have to better the settlement. From there the country will rebuild one small trade business at a time.

#39 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:29 PM

More trouble today?