14 replies to this topic

#1 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

http://www.carolinah...fest-video.html

It is a bit slow, so I was watching the Cam plays from Fan Fest (posted on this clip from another thread--I appreciate this film and I am sure others do as well) trying to get some perspective on the other players besides Cam.

Here are some things I noticed:

:03 The cutback was made possible because Ugo Chinasa (sp) an undrafted rookie from OK st. Gets sucked inside badly, even after Hartsock motions over. He was not stunting inside. He is high and looks slow--probably trying to think on his feet, something that hurts most rookies. Not good though.

:35 Neblett at the nose does a nice job creating a pile up

1:04 Fua abandons his gap and chases the play as if he has contain. Bernadeau was supposed to block him in the event the RB cuts back, but he can't get to Fua he leaves so quickly. Fua shows good quickness and hustle, just poor gap responsibility. He doesn't do it any more from what I can see.

1:42 McClain is at the left DT (3) and Fua is on the right (1). Fua does a great job. He has to attack the outside shoulder to contain because the DE is looping inside on a stunt. Fua gets a good push on Garry Williams. McClain, meanwhile, takes on a doubleteam block and stands his ground well. This play encourages me.

1:55 McClain is now on the right and Fua on the left. THey both get good pressure and collapse the pocket. No end help here.

2:11
- Fua and McClain are back to being rookies. They cross on a stunt and trip each other. Note Ziemba--he has been doing a good job at RT.

2:21 Very impressed with Kendric Burney on this play. He has zone responsibilites. Naanee crosses his face and Burney releases him, noticing Barnidge swinging into the flat. He rather quickly (4.72?) redirects and bats the ball away. Sweet play.

3:10 Watch Norwood, the RDE. Wow. talk about picking up the back out of the backfield. We could have blitzed Davis and Bernadeau all day. That was terrible.

3:20 Norwood again. Nice job. Gross has him where he wants him, but the inside pressure forces Cam too deep. I like Norwood's quickness on these two plays.

3:48 Notice Everette Brown at RDE--he is standing in a 2 point stance. What is that all about? Were we in a 3-4?

THat is all for now. Will watch JC tape and see if I see anything. Hard to see #s.

#2 BlacknBlueBoy

BlacknBlueBoy

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

I appreciate your focus. Did Cam play with the same O-line for all of his snaps? If so can someone post the roster for these plays. Not only are the numbers hard to see, but my computer lags like a mother.....Makes it very hard to figure out who is who.

#3 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,602 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

Thank you!!! That was actually very informative sir

#4 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

Excellent analysis. Look forward to more in the future.

#5 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Nice I like The tenacity Norwood showed last season, hopefully he can keep doing that in the regular season because Brown is on the bubble as far his bust status. That guy really needs to deliver.

#6 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

Excellent analysis. Look forward to more in the future.

I don't know if I would consider doing a play-by-play from a youtube video an excellent analysis..

#7 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

The ball hit Norwood in the back and he still was running looking back lol

And the next play he pulled a good one on Gross

#8 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

4:40 was a nice pass

#9 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,280 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

I'd still like him to sit out a few weeks, I just don't think he's quite there yet.

#10 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,689 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

jimmy seems to have improved markedly on his awareness in the pocket... he's getting rid of the ball a lot faster, isn't dropping sixteen steps back and taking sacks.

on the other hand he still stares down his receivers.

#11 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

EXCELLENT attention to detail. Seriously man... Good job.

#12 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:20 PM

I'd still like him to sit out a few weeks, I just don't think he's quite there yet.

Unless Cam is a preseason beast I'm all for Anderson starting. We didn't sign him for nothing.

#13 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

enjoyed reading this. need more post like this one.

#14 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,157 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

great post man

After re-watching, Rivera loves to blitz. If TD can get healthy he could be a monster in this defense with his speed and athletic ability

Edited by Panthers8192, 08 August 2011 - 11:47 PM.

#15 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,486 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

Lovely analysis, but couldn't this have gone on the video thread itself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.