Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What if economic calamity actually hits?

58 posts in this topic

Posted

are you able to go stealth against radar? what you have is good, if you can cloak that you can conserve your ammo much longer than needed.

Who exactly will be tracking me?

Posted

me

Posted

good question, my assumption that at first the worse place to be would be in a city that's why my first move will to be out of the city in 5 hours, with everything essential, my plan would either east or west while west would be better in the summer east would be better in the winter and that's why I would go there.

get far enough from the closest city say 20-40 miles at least out and no one is going to bother you. remember gas will be like gold at this point and no one is going to go out in the middle of nowhere without a very good reason. my location in mind my uncle owns a horse farm so that would be my new mode of transportation. and it has plenty of natural resources at had, not to mentions farms near by so what I could not get in hunting and fishing I could make up for with trading or stealing from them.

like I've said I've planned this out

Posted

Like a threesome with supermodels...

Posted

me

say our secret password when you see me

Posted

i would post my preemptive plans but i'm going to assume the internet will still be around for a while and my posts could be used to track me down if some ill-intentioned soul was after me.

Posted

I've read One Second After three times. I will own all you.

I read this as well. The problem with living off the land is every other person thinks the same thing. You would end up running around in the woods with 1000 other idiots chasing the same 5 deer.

Posted

I read this as well. The problem with living off the land is every other person thinks the same thing. You would end up running around in the woods with 1000 other idiots chasing the same 5 deer.

you'd be better off robbing a farmer for a few of his cows, horses and chickens. Then you could eat a shatton of eggs until you can breed beef and more chickens. Use the horses to pull the plow.

I have a barn with all the horse drawn equipment. Sure its a little rusty, but I still have one up on most of you so in a way I WIN!!

Posted

For those who read One Second After the rights were sold for a movie but it has been put on hold partially because another film with a very similar story is ready to come out in the next few months (it's low budget but the plan is a limited release in theaters).

Posted

IMO the best thing to do is get 5 or 10 couples that you know very well, and get far out of the cities.

If everyone has different strong suits, and backgrounds, your ability to adapt and overcome would be huge.

Personally I have 8 friends/ and their wives/girlfriends that I would call on to make a "village". Security, farming, hunting, etc would all be much easier, and IMO you would be able to handle the lows of losing your way of life.

Posted

Roaming gangs of bandits will find you and rob rape and steal all your poo unless you've already built an undetectable fortress years in advance of said poo hitting the fan. Better get busy.

Posted

Are we talking economic meltdown or total societal collapse?

I don't think the two are exactly the same.

ie Great Depression vs. Road Warrior

I think I can make it through the GD. RW I might just have a Gin and Tonic and save the last bullet for myself, hoping it happens when I'm really damn old and don't have to defend the family, in that case I guess I should purchase the silo home in the West.