Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AE in Wildcat? Yes Please.

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Dude, you think Newton is faster than Armanti? Not even close.......

Maybe close

Armanti Edwards - 4.43

Cam Newton - 4.56

Posted

I just don't know why we'd have a smaller, less talented, slower version of Cam Newton throw the ball when we have...well... Cam Newton..

Every player that is mobile is not the same. Cam newton and armanti edwards couldnt be more diffrent. Cam=big ,strong ,mobile rocket throwing power. Armanti=smaller more,agile,ellusive, threat to pass and also much faster. Please stop with the all running QBs are the same.

Posted

Maybe close

Armanti Edwards - 4.43

Cam Newton - 4.56

lmao thats not close. It might look like nothing on paper,but those few tenths of a second are the diffrence between a first down and fourth down. the diffrence in those times seperate a linebacker from a wide receiver. So no its not close.

1 person likes this

Posted

Armanti Edwards - 4.43

Is that recent or from the combine? AE has put in some work so maybe he is faster now.

Posted

lmao thats not close. It might look like nothing on paper,but those few tenths of a second are the diffrence between a first down and fourth down. the diffrence in those times seperate a linebacker from a wide receiver. So no its not close.
No...Tom Brady's and Armanti's 40 are not close.

Now...Do you want to know what is not close?

The level of competition each of them faced in college.

Posted

Buts Armanti beat meechagan!

Posted

Agreed. The diffrence in speed between armanti and brady would be feet. while the diffrence in newton and armanti would be inches. Football is a game of inches so they say. I'm not talking about how good one is or the other only talking about speed. Speed is speed even if one was in the SEC and the other was at APP state.

My point being is there is big diffrence between a 4.43 and 4.56. Thats nearly a tenth and a half. if we increased both runners speed by the margin that separates them that would put armanti at a 4.3 flat and newton at a 4.43. That is the diffrence between a david gettis and say a devin hester. so yes i think that is a big deal.

Posted

Wow, someone is a bit bitter

You know what else changes with the level of competition, The talent of your teammates.

Posted

Now calculate their size into this equation and....

Posted

Wow, someone is a bit bitter

You know what else changes with the level of competition, The talent of your teammates.

So everyone else at App was garbage?

I'm not bitter. I just am calling someone out who made an outlandish statement and trying to reason with him.

and troll him a bit

Posted

Dude, you think Newton is faster than Armanti? Not even close.......

What else do you expect from an EZU fan?

Posted

Don't forget "quickness" as opposed to speed. From a perspective of ignorance I'd say AE likely has more "quickness" then Cam to go along with his higher top end speed.