Photo
- - - - -

AE in Wildcat? Yes Please.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#31 micnificent28

micnificent28

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

No...Tom Brady's and Armanti's 40 are not close.

Now...Do you want to know what is not close?

The level of competition each of them faced in college.

Agreed. The diffrence in speed between armanti and brady would be feet. while the diffrence in newton and armanti would be inches. Football is a game of inches so they say. I'm not talking about how good one is or the other only talking about speed. Speed is speed even if one was in the SEC and the other was at APP state.

My point being is there is big diffrence between a 4.43 and 4.56. Thats nearly a tenth and a half. if we increased both runners speed by the margin that separates them that would put armanti at a 4.3 flat and newton at a 4.43. That is the diffrence between a david gettis and say a devin hester. so yes i think that is a big deal.

#32 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

No...Tom Brady's and Armanti's 40 are not close.

Now...Do you want to know what is not close?

The level of competition each of them faced in college.

Wow, someone is a bit bitter

You know what else changes with the level of competition, The talent of your teammates.

#33 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Now calculate their size into this equation and....

#34 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:29 PM

Wow, someone is a bit bitter

You know what else changes with the level of competition, The talent of your teammates.

So everyone else at App was garbage?

I'm not bitter. I just am calling someone out who made an outlandish statement and trying to reason with him.

and troll him a bit

#35 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

Dude, you think Newton is faster than Armanti? Not even close.......

What else do you expect from an EZU fan?

#36 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

Don't forget "quickness" as opposed to speed. From a perspective of ignorance I'd say AE likely has more "quickness" then Cam to go along with his higher top end speed.

#37 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

I like the trick plays, keep the defense guessing. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Last year nothing was ventured and the only thing gained was a first overall pick in the draft! :svengo:

#38 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

Is that recent or from the combine? AE has put in some work so maybe he is faster now.

That's his combine numbers. AE had some 4.35ish 40 times a couple times at ASU, after a full season of NFL seasoning it wouldn't surprise me if it's faster now.

#39 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

Meh... I am over all of the wildcat hype. Seems it's ran its course and defenses have picked up on it. Plus with training camp being so wide open now I'm sure most teams will be expecting it from us.

Miami did the whole wildcat experiment, even drafted a wildcat QB... but in the end it's never been as effective as when it first busted on the field catching people off guard.

We'll see what happens, but I am not getting excited for any wildcat plays ran by anyone.

#40 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

We have the personnel to run it so you'd be foolish not to put it in the playbook.

Armanti Edwards has the talent not only to run the wildcat, but has the arm to make it effective. The wildcat is about trapping the defense with the incorrect personnel package on the field when you "whip it out". So the idea that somehow the NFL defenses have "figured it out" is just a bit funny to me. Nearly every team now has a few Wildcat plays in their playbook (mainly the direct snap to the backer) and that trajectory isn't going to change in this copycat league. But only a few teams have the personnel to get the most out of the Wildcat, I think that we do have the men to make the wildcat work for us a few times a game.

#41 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

We have the personnel to run it so you'd be foolish not to put it in the playbook.

Armanti Edwards has the talent not only to run the wildcat, but has the arm to make it effective. The wildcat is about trapping the defense with the incorrect personnel package on the field when you "whip it out". So the idea that somehow the NFL defenses have "figured it out" is just a bit funny to me. Nearly every team now has a few Wildcat plays in their playbook (mainly the direct snap to the backer) and that trajectory isn't going to change in this copycat league. But only a few teams have the personnel to get the most out of the Wildcat, I think that we do have the men to make the wildcat work for us a few times a game.

OF course.... teams had personnel to run it and it no longer worked as effectively as it should... But the Panthers and AE is something brand new, greater than all else before, and will dominate teams with WC plays. :rolleyes:

#42 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

OF course.... teams had personnel to run it and it no longer worked as effectively as it should..

The Dolfans couldn't get one QB to throw the ball, much less 2..

#43 GoApps70

GoApps70

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

Actually, when you consider that Cam played Junior College football before the one year at Auburn, Armanti played better competition.

And No, Appalachian State's football players are quite good. They had three players drafted in the NFL draft this year (more than Michigan or C-USA's combined total teams) and have had 6 drafted in the NFL the last three years.

Armanti is faster, but more importantly can change directions on a dime going full speed; hope you get to see it.

Have also seen Armanti thread the needle for 67 yards in the air for a TD between two defenders on the goal line.