• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#1 armistice

armistice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

Simply really, how many of you actually wanted Cam drafted with the 1st pick? Not jumping aboard when Andrew Luck announced he wasn't going into the draft, or when we actually drafted him. Did you even want a QB? Maybe we could have traded down, got a DT and possibly got Andy Dalton? I dunno, just wondering.

Anyways, personally I had Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert over Cam and was hoping that we took one of them instead of Cam. Now Jake Locker will have a few years to develop behind Matt Hasselbeck and Blaine Gabbert will have time to work under David Garrard. I image both of those rookies I had over Cam will have better starting careers then Cam, at least when you compare Cam starting his first season and Blaine/Jake getting time to wait.

So, what you think? Who should we have drafted instead of Cam, or do you agree that drafting Cam was a smart decision? Or possibly, should we have went for another position?

#2 ammofan

ammofan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

Yeah I did....I was a big fan of his even tho Im a Florida fan and he was on an enemy squad. I watched Luck and he looked great but Newton had "it". I wanted him from the start.

#3 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

Once Luck dropped out, heck yeah... Cam has everything you look for, and the rest can be taught if the kid puts in the work. So far it looks like he is willing.

#4 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

not me

#5 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

I wanted him, but was hoping he'd drop so we could pick him up as a later pick.

#6 Devoid

Devoid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Like we didn't get enough of this before, during, and after the draft. (before lockout was lifted)

#7 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

I didn't want him, but I was wrong and very glad he is a Panther now.

#8 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,394 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

If Luck declared I wanted Luck.

If Luck didn't declare I wanted Cam.

With the new rookie scale, it makes it a fantastic gamble.

#9 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,848 posts
  • LocationNC

Once Luck returned to school, there wasn't any QB worth taking #1. Not even Cam.

I wanted Green, Dareus, Peterson #1.

Ideally I wanted them to trade away that pick for more picks, but that wasn't going to happen.

#10 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Nope I didn't want cammy cam at all I was horribly pissed off when he was drafted I really wanted carolina to go get a veteran qb.

But then I thought about it NO FOXY ANYMORE! OR DAVIDSON! Chico will rise this team up once again!

#11 Galvatron

Galvatron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

I actually liked PP7 at first, but the more vids, articles etc. made me want to draft him.

#12 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

Once Luck returned to school, there wasn't any QB worth taking #1. Not even Cam.

I wanted Green, Dareus, Peterson #1.

Ideally I wanted them to trade away that pick for more picks, but that wasn't going to happen.

pretty much this

#13 lymelizzard

lymelizzard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Location\/\/ /\/ C

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

Simply really, how many of you actually wanted Cam drafted with the 1st pick? Not jumping aboard when Andrew Luck announced he wasn't going into the draft, or when we actually drafted him. Did you even want a QB? Maybe we could have traded down, got a DT and possibly got Andy Dalton? I dunno, just wondering.

Anyways, personally I had Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert over Cam and was hoping that we took one of them instead of Cam. Now Jake Locker will have a few years to develop behind Matt Hasselbeck and Blaine Gabbert will have time to work under David Garrard. I image both of those rookies I had over Cam will have better starting careers then Cam, at least when you compare Cam starting his first season and Blaine/Jake getting time to wait.

So, what you think? Who should we have drafted instead of Cam, or do you agree that drafting Cam was a smart decision? Or possibly, should we have went for another position?

make it a poll

#14 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

as soon as Luck said he was staying in school I wanted us to draft Peterson, but as we got closer to draft day I kept liking Cam more and more. So I'm very happy we picked him.

#15 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

I wanted Peterson or Dareus, until all the reports of Marty and Rivera trusting Cam came out. After that I wanted Cam, because I trusted their judgement.

I NEVER wanted Gabbert or Fairley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com