• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#91 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

speaking in general, "sloppy seconds" is when your friend/a guy you know dumps his girlfriend/a potential hook up and you jump right on that. It would make sense if we were picking 5th, 4th, even 2nd overall (if you really hate Cam and just one team turning him down is enough for someone to make this joke) and nobody ahead of us picked him, or, metaphorically, dumped/turned him down, but seeing as how the first team that got the chance to draft Cam picked him (us), he's not sloppy seconds.

"sloppy seconds" would more accurately describe what happens when a QB on a team fails to live up to expectations, is not retained or resigned, and gets picked up/signed by another team.

Haha oh is that what it means?

Maybe I'll stick with tongue punching the hot girls fat friend's fart box analogy then.

#92 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

Wanted Cam from day 1. Never wanted or saw the hype behind Luck. Didnt feel any of the other prospects would have a bigger impact than Cam. Glad fate worked in our favor.

#93 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

I wanted Cam. A lot of it having to do that I am a Gator fan.

The simple reasoning being that drafting a QB in the 3rd round wouldn't have as much value as say a DT. It made a whole lot more sense drafting a QB first overall and waiting til the 3rd for the DT (McClain). By round 3 all the good QBs were gone.

#94 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,047 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

Like it matters what you want.

#95 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

Wanted Cam from day 1. Never wanted or saw the hype behind Luck. Didnt feel any of the other prospects would have a bigger impact than Cam. Glad fate worked in our favor.

You, sir, are a liar.

#96 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

You draft a fuging QB and build a team around him. Get green for what? for a qb who can't get him the fuging ball? Draft dareus for what? We already have a pretty decent defense.
Newton was the best pick.

#97 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

Going to laugh my black ass off when we're in position to draft luck next year.

#98 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

You, sir, are a liar.

You calling anyone a liar is a joke. You've lied more than anybody on this board the past half-a-year just to try to fit in. When you were on the Moore will be our starter next year train I was hollaring Cam. In fact, I was probably 1 of 3 people on this board who openly didnt want Luck over Cam.

#99 PanthersGuy28

PanthersGuy28

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

You really don't think there are other team fans here?

So either you're a Dolphin fan who likes talking to Panthers fans or you like 2 teams...I could never like 2 teams though I cringe at the thought. I'm a panther fan that hates every other team in the NFL.

#100 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

In fact, I was probably 1 of 3 people on this board who openly didnt want Luck over Cam.

You're also a terrible poster.

Coincidence?

#101 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

You calling anyone a liar is a joke. You've lied more than anybody on this board the past half-a-year just to try to fit in. When you were on the Moore will be our starter next year train I was hollaring Cam. In fact, I was probably 1 of 3 people on this board who openly didnt want Luck over Cam.

You think I've actually tried to fit in here? Many would say the complete opposite. Just shows how out of touch with reality you actually are :lol:

I just want to know when you define "Day 1" because I guess if you meant day one as sometime in January or February then yeah, you're probably right.

Before that it was Pryor who was going to be our savior and our "winning" QB, your words.

#102 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

So either you're a Dolphin fan who likes talking to Panthers fans or you like 2 teams...I could never like 2 teams though I cringe at the thought. I'm a panther fan that hates every other team in the NFL.

You are a child. You know NOTHING

#103 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

I didn't want him at all, I wanted Dareus, Green or Peterson.

I don't think there was a Cam thread for 6 months without you saying "We're not taking him."

#104 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

You're also a terrible poster.

Coincidence?

Yeah but I can get on all the rides at the amusement park unlike you. You were sipping the Luck juice like crazy too little man. Who wants a guy afraid of the challenge to be our QB? Not me. I want a guy who steps up and isnt afraid. Thats why Im glad Cam is our guy.

#105 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

Before that it was Pryor who was going to be our savior and our "winning" QB, your words.

Was Terrell Pryor in the 2011 NFL draft? Answer that question and then get back at me.

What happened to Moore will be back?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com