7 replies to this topic

#1 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,622 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

Could have just given a pair of socks.

As he headed back home from Washington, Gordon Brown must have rummaged through his party bag with disappointment.
Because all he got was a set of DVDs. Barack Obama, the leader of the world's richest country, gave the Prime Minister a box set of 25 classic American films - a gift about as exciting as a pair of socks.
Mr Brown is not thought to be a film buff, and his reaction to the box set is unknown. But it didn't really compare to the thoughtful presents he had brought along with him. The Prime Minister gave Mr Obama an ornamental pen holder made from the timbers of the Victorian anti-slave ship HMS Gannet.

Not sure if I agree though. One of the movies given was Star Wars IV, and thats worth more than a fancy pen holder. :)

#2 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,659 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:13 PM

daily mail. dude.

that's the weekly world news of the UK.

#3 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:17 PM

Obamas already gave all the good stuff away. Bastards.

#4 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,622 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

daily mail. dude.

that's the weekly world news of the UK.

I don't doubt that they are telling the truth, but its a little funny. Apparently President Bush didn't do so well in the gift giving department either.

#5 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,659 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

im sure they're telling the truth about the gift, but they never give the whole story.

i read about this earlier and i believe i read that it's a tradition for the president to give the prime minister a silly gift.

true story: a few years ago i worked on a website, and the daily mail published a story that the site had had contacted some UK socialite girl and that the site was a "lesbian sex cult."

there were 0 lesbians on the site and nobody had even heard of whoever this girl was. they entirely made it up.

(i'm trying to type well, but 1 bottle of muscadine wine in 5 minutes is making it hard. sorry if i'm not doing well)

#6 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

We are in a recession. He does the opposite and gives some lavish gift, and you're in here posting a thread, "Obama, in middle of recession, spends tax dollars on extravagant gift to Prime Minister!!"

#7 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,622 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

Eh, he was just doing it to help out his liberal elite pinko commie Hollywood buddies during hard times. :)

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 05 March 2009 - 10:45 PM.

#8 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

:lol:

Delicious!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com