Photo
- - - - -

but he speaks so well...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#16 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:36 PM

How much is your 401k worth?

This is obviously Obama's fault.

#17 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:02 PM

This is obviously Obama's fault.

He said the Republicans are claiming the end of the world five weeks in. I'm pointing out that for those who had hoped to retire in the next couple of years, it's pretty close.

#18 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:34 AM

As witnessed by the fact that you conservatives are proclaiming the end of the world 5 weeks in. He must be doing something right.

what i find to be absolutely ridiculous is that you actually just said that. i hate to make cracks at people because i dont want to be seen as throwing some cheap shot, but dude you really havent a clue. In 5 weeks Obama has successfully been able to turn this country upside down, attempting to drastically change our system of government. obama has not done one single good thing for this country since his inaguaration, and i mean that in all seriousness. he is a cancer to this country and its founding principles. there is no arguing that.

#19 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:33 AM

The ******* country was upside down long before Obama was inaugurated dumbass. Look past your lust for Bush the year prior to the election and it should be very clear that this mess did not start on January 20. We're all riding this rollercoaster, Obama included. At least he is showing up for work and diligently trying to make changes to improve, can't quite say the same for your butt-buddy Bush. Your collective lack of intelligence absolutely boggles the mind.

#20 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,043 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:40 AM

How much is your 401k worth?

You really can't blame that on Obama. The Market has been a slide for nearly a year now. Obama hasn't stopped the slide, but he hasn't increased the rate of the 401k and market downfall. Even if the republicans had managed to clone and re-elect Reagan, the market was going to drop even more.

IMO, as long as I keep my job, then its a chance to buy stocks cheaply, because the market will recover, eventually regardless of who is president.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 07 March 2009 - 08:44 AM.

#21 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:53 AM

You really can't blame that on Obama. The Market has been a slide for nearly a year now. Obama hasn't stopped the slide, but he hasn't increased the rate of the 401k and market downfall. Even if the republicans had managed to clone and re-elect Reagan, the market was going to drop even more.

IMO, as long as I keep my job, then its a chance to buy stocks cheaply, because the market will recover, eventually regardless of who is president.

The stock market lost faith in Bush (like the rest of us). Anyone who came in after him should have reversed some of the damage just by not being Bush. But this guy has actually continued the decline. How? By tripling our deficit in six weeks. You can't deny that hasn't hurt the markets.

#22 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:18 PM

Yep...our investments have been making me not want to open our statements for well over a year. However, on last month's statement, I lost well over 5% of my portfolio's value which has never ever happened before in 12 years.

#23 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

The stock market lost faith in Bush (like the rest of us). Anyone who came in after him should have reversed some of the damage just by not being Bush. But this guy has actually continued the decline. How? By tripling our deficit in six weeks. You can't deny that hasn't hurt the markets.

that money is going into the markets...the market is hurting because it is in the throws of a massive lending crisis and is staring down the barrel of a credit card crisis. The market has momentum, to expect it to rise dramatically when it hasn't even found a bottom is wishful thinking at best.

#24 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

that money is going into the markets...the market is hurting because it is in the throws of a massive lending crisis and is staring down the barrel of a credit card crisis. The market has momentum, to expect it to rise dramatically when it hasn't even found a bottom is wishful thinking at best.

If Obama came in and said "I'm freezing spending and lowering taxes" the stock market would be up near 8,000 right now.

#25 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

you were feeding on what venom was telling you weren't you??????
the country's debt was already above 9.7 trillion with bush in office, your complaining about deficit and you should look at bush. The GDP only went up a measly 10 percent, and our spending went up 25%. Total debt accumulated under bush 3.5 trillion dollars. Bush is who pushed us over our GDP line, because of him, where never going to get back under it without something drastic happening.

#26 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:21 PM

If Obama came in and said "I'm freezing spending and lowering taxes" the stock market would be up near 8,000 right now.

yea, but that wouldn't resolve anything else. We have systemic problems that need to be addressed this time around. The market cannot correct itself without changing the institutional landscape of this country and throwing us into a deep deep hole. The market isn't going to like it, but the market doesn't own this country.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com