Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montsta

Spotting a fake Panthers authentic jersey?

130 posts in this topic

The authentics I currently have:

Blue Delhomme (not gonna wear for awhile)

White Peppers (will wear again in 15 years as a throwback)

Black Smith

Black Otah

Blue Beason

my next purchase:

Black Fua

LOL! Black Fua....sounds like a new ninja super hero.:p

I've found some pretty good deals on legit authentic jerseys off ebay... got an authentic (legit) blue Dan Morgan jersey for $50.00 and an authentic (legit) white Muhammed jersey for $30.00.

Speaking of eBay here is their wonderful Reebok NFL jersey authentication article that will really help you spot most of the fakes. It's short but if you buy jerseys other than stores and even some stores this is a must read:

http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-NFL-Reebok-AUTHENTIC-FOOTBALL-JERSEYS-COUNTERFEIT_W0QQugidZ10000000003203183

I love this article and freshen up on it when I buy jerseys off of craigslist/ebay. I would assume you could use these general tips really on any jersey.

I got drunk at a game and bought a jersey. How can I tell what else I did that night

How can it be fake AND authentic?

How can it be fake AND authentic?

if the seller calls it an authentic jersey

Doesn't it describe the value? There are three kinds, screen, on-field, authentic.

The first is completely screen pressed and goes for pretty cheap 40 to 50 bucks

The on-field (?) has stitched numbers and letters and replica made to look like the ones on field. 80-100 bucks

Authentic jerseys are the most expensive on average a couple hundred, this is he top tier quality of stitching and I think it is an exact match to the jerseys actually worn by the player, everything is stitched and patched.

Could be wrong...

I think the middle one is the one least counter fitted and it really only pertains to which one, Iforrget but it should be in the link I posted earlier.