Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherBrew

Smith confirms Panthers went after Moss and Floyd.

46 posts in this topic

Where did you guys get all your swampland?

2 people like this

Glad to he's back. Expecting Pro-Bowl caliber season from him.

when the "lights come on" some people shrink up and can't preform.

Does this sound more like Cam, or Jimmy?

FWIW, just before he said this he remarked, "Jimmy is doing well in practice, BUT..."

And he definitely said Santana, not Santonio...just listened to it.

Funny how Smitty is a "Panther for life" now that he knows he doesn't have trade value. He has a lot to prove to me and I am sure others in order to win our hearts back. The way he handled himself last year and then asking for a trade from a team that has given him support in his down times - will take time.
i dont understand this view point.

He has handled himself like a pro. He didn't demand a trade. He went to the owner, whom he is close friends with, and asked for a trade. He only wants to be in a competitive situation. That really isnt much to ask. If your heart is broken over such little things, i suggest you check yourself into a mental institution, so your heart and feelings wont continue to be broke cause modern society as a whole.

Listen to the interview. The "Panther for Life" comment, according to Steve, means that he will always be a Panther. Even if he goes somewhere else. He really respects the organization and will always consider himself a Panther.

He has handled himself like a pro. He didn't demand a trade. He went to the owner, whom he is close friends with, and asked for a trade. He only wants to be in a competitive situation. That really isnt much to ask. If your heart is broken over such little things, i suggest you check yourself into a mental institution, so your heart and feelings wont continue to be broke cause modern society as a whole.

Julius Peppers was treated like the anti-Christ when he left by some .....and he legitimately handled himself like a pro.

end result is what matters....Smitty stayed, was a pro. If he left he would have been that little biznitch acting like a 2 yr old on the field most of 2010 who demanded out.

that's JTM's schtick .. he often a die-hard pessimist..

Not that I preferred either out of all the guys that were out there... But I wonder why Santana and Floyd turned us down?

Not that I preferred either out of all the guys that were out there... But I wonder why Santana and Floyd turned us down?

Did we have any nationally televised games last year that they were able to watch maybe?:D

that's JTM's schtick .. he often a die-hard pessimist..

I am actually just the opposite and get frustrated here because there are so many pessimistic people. Like I said before, you can believe what you want to believe. For those of you that are married, how would your wife feel if you decided to move the family without discussing this with her? My point is these conversations took place well before he asked for a trade. So do us a favor and don't try and pull the wool over our eyes with the family excuse. Smitty is here because another team didn't pony up enough for Carolina to trade him - this is the reality.

1 person likes this

Very misleading thread title. Later on, they clarified that Smith mentioned Santana Moss as a shot at TBone of The Mac Attack when they got into a public fight at some charity event earlier this year when TBone said that the Panthers could get the same production from a guy like Santana Moss if Smith didn't want to be here. And re: Floyd, he never "confirmed" they went after him, just mentioned that he had heard that. Didn't say if it was from the radio or ESPN or from Marty Hurney himself.

Now everyone can stfu, when we picked up naane everyone cried like a little bitch asking why we didn't go after Floyd.