161 replies to this topic

#136 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

Our boys will shut everybody up... on the field.

#137 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

Something people are not mentioning which is huge is how the coaching change (particularly in philosophy) will improve our team by itself from last year. Not including the additions in FA and the draft.

Im not sure if you guys realize it but we have a DAMN good group of coaches here.

Aggressive D and Aggressive O.

That vanilla poo Fox ran will not be winning you any superbowls.

We now have a coaching staff that resembles GB, NE, NO, SD, ect. Coaches that are pro active and put the peddle to the floor and dictate rather than react.

In todays game you must have an aggressive blitzing D. Along with an aggressive O.

Im taking the NE and GB all day over the NYJ and other teams that rely heavily on the run game.

Not saying you gotta pass every down but the days of running to set up the pass are over.

#138 armistice

armistice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

Well, we kinda are. We didn't really acquire any proven guys in FA but Ron Edwards, he's injured now. They're going off of past performances, and in that case Cam is unknown (which he is) and Jimmy isn't going to do very good.

#139 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,349 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

Something people are not mentioning which is huge is how the coaching change (particularly in philosophy) will improve our team by itself from last year. Not including the additions in FA and the draft.

Im not sure if you guys realize it but we have a DAMN good group of coaches here.

Aggressive D and Aggressive O.

That vanilla poo Fox ran will not be winning you any superbowls.

We now have a coaching staff that resembles GB, NE, NO, SD, ect. Coaches that are pro active and put the peddle to the floor and dictate rather than react.

In todays game you must have an aggressive blitzing D. Along with an aggressive O.

Im taking the NE and GB all day over the NYJ and other teams that rely heavily on the run game.

Not saying you gotta pass every down but the days of running to set up the pass are over.

You must actually be a new account, and not a duplicate. Welcome!

#140 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,964 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Well of course they are.

But, I mean, it is hard to expect an analyst, especially such a Bayless or Cowherd to be experts on every professional sports team in all 4 major sports, and also dozens of college football and basketball teams.

That's why I just like hearing those guys talk about big picture topics and pretty much don't worry about their opinions of my team.

I may joke like "fug espn", but I really dont care.

Same here....the experts are actually not really experts. they are TV personalities that are paid to stir things up.

#141 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

Skip is an entertainer, and sometimes, hes pretty funny. Analyst?? debatable.

Pretty much. Seems like that's what ESPN goes for these days.

#142 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

Skip trolls this board almost as well as TRD.

He did his job and got people talking....that's what sports journalism is all about

#143 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,964 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:37 PM

Skip trolls this board almost as well as TRD.

He did his job and got people talking....that's what sports journalism is all about

You hit the nail on the head....Skip is a Sports Journalist...not a Sports Reporter.

His work is more like an Editorial than a story.

#144 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

Skip makes Sorenson looks like William Faulkner

#145 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,964 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

Skip makes Sorenson looks like William Faulkner

:cheers2:

#146 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

I lost all levels of respect for Bayless and realized he was nothing more than an ESPN tool the first time I caught a segment of the show. He raked Cam over the coals and was very vile and condescendingly nasty. Yet when he talked about Ben Rothleisburger's rape situation, he was very defensive, even going as far as hinting that the woman was lying and wanted us to not judge Ben and be sympathic towards his situation.

#147 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

I lost all levels of respect for Bayless and realized he was nothing more than an ESPN tool the first time I caught a segment of the show. He raked Cam over the coals and was very vile and condescendingly nasty. Yet when he talked about Ben Rothleisburger's rape situation, he was very defensive, even going as far as hinting that the woman was lying and wanted us to not judge Ben and be sympathic towards his situation.

He did say Cam would be a beast...next season. But that means as much as his other opinion.

#148 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

I don't put a lot of value in "getting people talking" when the thing you "get them talking' about is stupid, but that's just me.

It's about ratings these days, and thoughtful analysis doesn't get ratings. Bombastic silliness does.

(woe to those of us who actually enjoy a good discussion)

#149 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

I used to work for ESPN.....and I can legitimately say that they suck at sports news reporting.

They have become slightly more than the Jerry Springer Show of Sports.....they are all about sensationalism and ratings....not news.

Seriously, I do believe ESPN was aiming to be the Jerry Springer show of sports when they first started out.

If you do a quick check of those who use to work for ESPN, it's clear what they are giving birth too. Rush Limbaugh, Keith Oberlman, and the list goes on. "Entertainers" who make a living stirring up controversy.

#150 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

Why does it bother you if people are bitching about ESPN.

I mean.... Get the fug over it. ;)

really, this was just something else to have fun with in the middle of the week when there is not a lot going on.

Don't like the topic, the poster, don't open the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com