#61 antame

antame

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

I am a fuging idiot.

Good point.

However, righting [sic] him off at this point in his carreer is pretty damn idiotic.

Bad point.

#62 jaPAN fan

jaPAN fan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:15 AM

And yeah Aikman was suckman his first year. Manning too. It had a different look though. I'm sure I'll get shredded for this.

Dude, how old are you? Do you honestly know what look Aikman's rookie year had? I'm 29 and can't remember what even Manning's first year looked like. What do you just sit in your room all day and study old game film or are you just talking out of your ass? I'm going with the latter.

#63 armistice

armistice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:19 AM

Aikman I dunno, as for Manning he had a 70% passer rating or there so. For a rookie, is that bad? Thinking Manning had somewhere around the high 20's, maybe low 30's for touchdowns. However, I'm not to sure about interceptions. Maybe 15?

Oh yes, I was 8 when Manning rookie season and have only saw his stats maybe 3 times since then. Not that hard to remember.

Edited by armistice, 11 August 2011 - 07:25 AM.

#64 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

Inadvertent pie!

#65 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:41 AM

peyton's rookie year he was 26/28 td/int ratio. I think I saw him say in a video recently he set the rookie record for INTs, and it hasn't been broken yet, heh

#66 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:43 AM

I, sadly, was a Cowboy fan during Aikman's rookie year. in my defense, I was 7. I was able to usher in my teen years with a new, more worthy team that arrived to my home state.

#67 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:47 AM

Dude, how old are you? Do you honestly know what look Aikman's rookie year had? I'm 29 and can't remember what even Manning's first year looked like. What do you just sit in your room all day and study old game film or are you just talking out of your ass? I'm going with the latter.

Well DUDE he had 9TDs and 18 interceptions so this so called kid had it right smartass

#68 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:10 AM

For what it's worth, I take the stance that it's a new year and a new team. What happened in 2010 is a night sweat I'm glad to see behind us. If JC comes out and earns the top slot, good for him. If he drops the ball - either figuratively or literally - then that's on him, and there's a new kid behind him on the depth chart that will be aching for a shot. Heck, if all else fails, the "old man" DA could probably be a decent helmsman for an offense with as many weapons as ours will field this year. Until circumstances prove otherwise, I choose to be optimistic about how things are shaping up. That includes Jimmy Clausen at QB. After all, it's all up to him at this point, isn't it?

#69 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,996 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

I will wait until Saturday night before I decide what to think this year. Jimmy was bad last year plain and simple. But this is a new year with a new scheme and new coaches so there is hope he can do something. Would I be betting a bunch on it?? Not really. But this is the time for hope when every team is undefeated and every quarterback hasn't thrown a single incompletion yet.

Great post

#70 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,996 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

spend a few minutes on the internet doing research and you MIGHT not sound like a complete fuging idiot....but I doubt it.

#71 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,996 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:27 AM

I don't agree he wasn't given a chance to improve, he had significant playing time, and if anything he regressed.

But I hear you, it'd be nice if he can become good enough that we can dump him for value.

give him this season without Fox/Davidson. that combo completely shut it down on the Panthers last season. It was Fox's middle finger to Richardson for not renewing his contract and giving him a vet team.

Not saying that JC will be a legit QB in the NFL....but am smart enough to know not ot make snap judgements that come back to bite me in the ass.

#72 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,045 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

Clausen had the deck stacked against him to be sure, and I don't think anyone was expecting miracles, but he showed absolutely nothing to cause anyone to believe he'll ever be a good QB in the NFL, nevermind the circumstances. In fact he showed the opposite. The guy was absurdly bad.

This is hate. You are assuming that you have the eye for recognizing talent better than Hurney and the coaching staff. After all, if it is this bleak, he would not be on an NFL roster. How can you say, "nevermind the circumstances?" He was not coached (includes mechanical issues and the fact that he spent camp as the 3rd QB, basically being ignored), he was not protected, and he knew he was not wanted by Fox. Now, how would you do in your job under similar circumstances? Yes, he sucked last year, we get it. You would have said the same thing about John Elway and Troy Aikman after they led bad teams as rookie QBs--in better circumstances. "Nevermind the circumstances?" Could you be more biased and closed-minded?

Edited by MHS831, 11 August 2011 - 07:45 AM.

#73 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,045 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:43 AM

give him this season without Fox/Davidson. that combo completely shut it down on the Panthers last season. It was Fox's middle finger to Richardson for not renewing his contract and giving him a vet team.

Not saying that JC will be a legit QB in the NFL....but am smart enough to know not ot make snap judgements that come back to bite me in the ass.

This is EXACTLY what I have been saying. Well stated.

#74 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

MW, there have been guys drafted/thrown into disasters who hit some bumps before succeeding in the NFL, but I honestly can't remember watching a guy who looks like he has no business on the field doing so.

most of those rookies looked bad, Aikman was a good example of it, he didnt even have double digit TD passes. i am not saying Clausen will be great, i am just saying dont give up on him too soon. stranger things have happened.

#75 jaPAN fan

jaPAN fan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

spend a few minutes on the internet doing research and you MIGHT not sound like a complete fuging idiot....but I doubt it.

Researching stats on the internet doesn't prove anything other than that they both had crappy rookie seasons. His argument was that Aikman's crappy rookie year had a different LOOK to it than Clausen's crappy rookie year. How can you tell that by looking at stats?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com