Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mallett/Gabbert/Cam/Ponder/Locker

313 posts in this topic

Posted

This same joke again? Jesus you guys are turrible.

You bring it on yourself, so I have no sympathy for you.

You've become the new KT.

For the record, Cam's footwork was much improved last night over what we saw against Oregon, and I distinctly remember me and you discussing that prior to the draft.

Posted

Much improved does not equal good, it was just atrocious to begin with, now it's just pretty bad.

He still doesn't shift his weight when he throws, at all.

Posted

Where would you guys put his performance compared to Mallett, Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder

Posted

Everyone else mentioned in this thread is a rookie as well. Would you say they looked great or amazing then, considering they are all rookies?

Cam looked like the 4th or 5th QB in the class, albeit early.

I never said you said it. BlackCatGrowl went on and on how he had no issues, none whatsoever, absolutely zero issues when it comes to him throwing the football. Others argued he was the best passer to come out in the last 5+ years, better than Bradford, Stafford, etc

I expected what you guys told me to expect...a great pure passer with no footwork or accuracy issues, the ability to read any defense, and someone who will score 2-3 TDs a game.

Uh, yes you did.

Posted

You guys = Cam Apologists in general, not you

Posted

TRD is now Gman Was Right.

Posted

No biggie just messing with you bro. I think Moore can have success there. I never disliked him here, it was awful timing for his first starting gig to be with a IDGAF john fox.

It's welcome, just be creative with it

Posted

Everyone else mentioned in this thread is a rookie as well. Would you say they looked great or amazing then, considering they are all rookies?

Cam looked like the 4th or 5th QB in the class, albeit early.

You missed the point, people are not putting Cam into the rookie class. When Cam is talked about they act as if he has been in the NFL for a few seasons.

Posted

Well that's their fault...we're talking rookies in this thread so move along?

Where would you rank him among the rookies based on their first action?

Posted

You guys = Cam Apologists in general, not you

Right, way to wiggle out of a blanket statement that was obviously meant to put down everybody who pulls for Cam Newton to succeed.:rolleyes:

Posted

I'm not wiggling out, I'm clarifying what I said.

You struggle with reading comprehension and thought I was singling you out. If I cared enough, I'm sure I can find some statements by you saying the spread didn't matter, his footwork is fine, accuracy is fine, etc.

Posted

Here is the bread and butter of TRD's argument. If you like Cam and think he deserved to be picked #1 you are biased and a kool-aid drinker therefore void of reason and intellect. If you think Cam was not worth the #1 pick and he will never be a good QB you are a realist and truth teller.

So de facto in TRD's mind ONLY people who didn't think we should draft Cam and ONLY people who think he will be a poor NFL QB are people who are realists and tell the truth or intelligent enough to carry on a QB conversation. Everyone else is blinded with false hope and optimism and need to be brought back to reality by the "message board hero".

The whole crux of the argument is so baffling in it's stupidity and it comes from the one person who continues to question everyone else's intelligence. That is the comical thing about it :lol:

But the thing is I am not that worried about his accuracy at this point. I still think he threw the ball pretty well last night, especially for a QB in his first live NFL game. But his accuracy will develop and (I keep saying this) there will be packages and plays to fully use all of Cam's attributes once the season starts that weren't displayed last night.

Most rookie QB's would have come into the game, thrown some screens, some slants, and maybe a crossing pattern or two, completed 7 or 8 passes and gained about 90 yards and everybody would have talked about how great a debut that rookie had. Cam if nothing else proved last night that he was ready to rise to the challenge of playing in the NFL. He had incredible poise in the pocket it seemed, made some big boy throws, and showed he is ready to try and make plays for this football team.

That is fine if you think he was the worst out of all the rookie QBs you have that right. But just because I completely disagree with you doesn't mean I am in a dream world of rainbows and lollipops that has no fugging clue what it takes to be an NFL QB or the ability to analyze a game and draw different conclusions than you.

If your sole goal is to spread negativity under the guise of being a "realist" just go somewhere else and post for a while. If you want to discuss Cam that is fine but understand that there is a good chance (and and in my opinion a very good chance) that you are wrong :eek: :eek: :eek: