Photo
- - - - -

Mallett/Gabbert/Cam/Ponder/Locker

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
311 replies to this topic

#301 Ted Stryker

Ted Stryker

Covetous Jew

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

I see it like this really, Cam is here like it or not we're not gonna undraft him, so why all the comparisons? Why all the doom and gloom? Yeah he's a project but he's gonna be the guy. Look at Delhomme, god awful in nearly evey way, but prior to the elbow injury he just found a way to win. I enjoyed him pulling it out of his ass and seeing a guy like rivers look like he just got r*ped. Theres guys that are just gamers, that's what I see Cam to be. If you're looking for a fantasy guy, forget it. It's gonna look ugly at times. Fantasy football has ruined alot of fans.

Bottom line: if you love this team you know, we're underdogs, so is Cam. No respect, no love all the media want him to fail, they want us to fail. Cam is the Panthers, ask yourself, are you in? He looks like he's in. You should want him to prove them wrong. Not saying be blind but he should be our guy til he proves he's not.

#302 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

Again in FL and in need of a "radio station so that I can listen to the game.

Pms get swag

#303 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

I know what you mean TRD. I actually think Peyton Manning is a better QB than Tom Brady even though Tom Brady has 3 titles to Peyton's one.

Not taking anything away from Brady because it is like comparing a Lamborghini with a Porsche. One may actually be better but they are both pretty awesome.

But I feel if Peyton had some of the defenses New England had (especially the year they beat us) and (with all do respect to Dungy who I respect a bunch) the coaching that the Patriots had Peyton would have @3 rings as well.

So championships can't be the only criteria.

#304 Ted Stryker

Ted Stryker

Covetous Jew

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

I know what you mean TRD. I actually think Peyton Manning is a better QB than Tom Brady even though Tom Brady has 3 titles to Peyton's one.

Not taking anything away from Brady because it is like comparing a Lamborghini with a Porsche. One may actually be better but they are both pretty awesome.

But I feel if Peyton had some of the defenses New England had (especially the year they beat us) and (with all do respect to Dungy who I respect a bunch) the coaching that the Patriots had Peyton would have @3 rings as well.

So championships can't be the only criteria.

Depends on how you define better, Brady was clutch in more situations than manning IMO - for that matter if you define clutch as a top criteria then Montana would be the greatest of all time, though his career stats pale in comparison to Manning.

#305 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

TROLLOLOL

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

QB is the most interesting position in football to discuss because there are so many things to consider when judging their talent, contribution to a team, and so on.

I also think Manning is in a class of his own with Brady a close second the Rodgers as the guy who is going to take over the throne shortly. After that it gets pretty muddled.

It's similar to how you can't judge steve smith based on some of the QBs he's played with and his numbers alone, you have to judge him on how he contributes to an offense and the coverages he faces and the things you see on tape, then use your judgment on how that compares to receivers with more favorable situations.

#306 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

Depends on how you define better, Brady was clutch in more situations than manning IMO - for that matter if you define clutch as a top criteria then Montana would be the greatest of all time, though his career stats pale in comparison to Manning.

Montana is still my #1 on the all time list.

#307 Ted Stryker

Ted Stryker

Covetous Jew

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

Then there's Kenny Stabler, scrappy goofy kinda QB but every classic Raider play with a name( holy roller, sea of hands, ghost to the post, etc.) he was the QB

#308 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Sanchez hasn't been impressive.....his team around him has. Put Sanchez on a bad team and he likely could already be on his way out of the league b/c of the hole he started in.

i know this is a little (ok alot) off topic. i always thought that if Stafford were a Jet and Sanchez were a lion then he would be destroyed and throw alot of picks while Stafford would likely throw alot more yards, though still no super bowl.

#309 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

who?

#310 dugbug

dugbug

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:29 PM

Again in FL and in need of a "radio station so that I can listen to the game.

Pms get swag

Im in FL. I stream the radio station from the internet on my iPhone... I have like 20 radio station streams and at least one will have the game.

#311 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

Those QBs were all better than every QB in this draft coming out. More polished and an ability to step in and play right away.

The #1 pick in this draft is a well known PROJECT. This was talked about as the worst QB class in years.

I agree you need average QB play, I don't believe we will get that.

:cam:

#312 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

I like to revisit and see where we are a month later