Photo
- - - - -

Who is going to pay for all this spending?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,354 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

I don't think anybody is defending Bush's handling of the economy, but why should the Obama's schizo plan get a pass? He's not addressing the bank issue, which is the biggest problem at present. His plan will not work. The stimulus bill is a mess.

And like it or not, Wall Street isn't responding to Bush's mess, they're responding to the bigger one that Obama is making.

Take anything an completely destroy it, then try and completely destroy it again. Is it worse the before, no because it was already destroyed. You can't make a complete mess worse. (this economy and our banks were already at a low)

The stimulus bill is just one bill in a larger series of bills that are all needed to get this country to where it should be.

Edited by carpanfan96, 07 March 2009 - 02:03 PM.

#17 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

Take anything an completely destroy it, then try and completely destroy it again. Is it worse the before, no because it was already destroyed. You can't make a complete mess worse. (this economy and our banks were already at a low)

The stimulus bill is just one bill in a larger series of bills that are all needed to get this country to where it should be.

So you're an expert on this matter? I've heard plenty of other experts declare just the opposite.

#18 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• HUDDLER
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

You forget - we can create money out of thin air. D'oh!

The sad part is that they do that... it just lowers the value of the dollar even further :(

#19 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,354 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

So you're an expert on this matter? I've heard plenty of other experts declare just the opposite.

never said I was, but these same experts are the one's that said our economy was fine in 04 - 06 when it wasn't. Bank's were already running into problems the stock market was up and down, and inflation was on the rise. Coupled with consumer overspending and you should have been able to forecast this disaster years ago.

#20 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:51 PM

never said I was, but these same experts are the one's that said our economy was fine in 04 - 06 when it wasn't. Bank's were already running into problems the stock market was up and down, and inflation was on the rise. Coupled with consumer overspending and you should have been able to forecast this disaster years ago.

Agree with that...The signs were there. I just don't suspect anybody really had a clue that it was going to be this bad.

#21 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:41 PM

Agree with that...The signs were there. I just don't suspect anybody really had a clue that it was going to be this bad.

they didn't, otherwise they wouldn't have pushed it further by capitalizing on it.

#22 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:13 PM

It doesn't matter. Pay what, to who? Yeah, let China try and collect the bill. We can just not pay it. And if they complain or try to strong arm us, we can threaten them with the many nuclear weapons that we own. Ha ha ha, suckers.

#23 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,647 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

Wow.

#24 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

China has it's own problems...If they, as a state, want to buy US debt, let 'em.

#25 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,354 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

I agree, I don't think anyone thought it would be this bad. I saw it coming, but how bad it's gotten is worse then anything I could have imagined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.