233 replies to this topic

#76 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:52 AM

Jimmy had a very good game. Wishing the Panthers would have drafted Green to give him another weapon. Wow!

#77 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:54 AM

The Cam hate is strong with you it is.

#78 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

Cam looks better than Jimmy did mid-season last year.

Jimmy currently looks better than Cam.

That sums it up.

#79 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:57 AM

Cam is considered better then Jimmy no? Also, we are going to put more pressure on him because he was the number one pick.
And that interception wasn't all Jimmy's fault, Williams could have turned and caught the pass or even bat it away. Heck, I make that play all the time when me and my friends are playing football.

Is that the excuse that you have settled on?

Did you realize that the Gaint player got to the ball before William even turned around. Why are we sitting here justifying why we're picking apart a kid who didn't buckle under pressure like the media kept alleging all throughout his draft, while sitting there defending what was clear a short throw by Jimmy.

Don't hear you making excuses for Cam even when it was clear that he only misfired on two or three balls and the others were the clear mistake of the OL.

#80 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:58 AM

That sums it up.

Not last night.

#81 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:01 AM

Dammit, mistake pi for you Zod, lol.

I respectfully disagree.

#82 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:09 AM

I think Jimmy was handcuffed by a terrible situation last season. I don't know many veteran quarterbacks who could have preformed under those circumstances much less a rookie thrown in the fire due to injury.

I love the fact that he is getting a chance to shine and is getting a fair shot with the new coaching staff.

#83 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,727 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:20 AM

Not last night.

Did you watch the same game as I did? Cam was great on his first series, then average at best after that. Clausen was terrible on his first series, then pretty good after that. Not to mention Clausen played his entire time in the rain, while Newton didn't have to deal with that much. I do think that Newton showed a lot of raw talent, but there was no question that Clausen was better last night.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 14 August 2011 - 08:24 AM.

#84 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:26 AM

It seems those saying Jimmy was better are not taking into account how many series Jimmy was in there with the 1st team vs. how many series Cam was in with them (1, his first).

Coincidental that Cam looked "great" on his first drive?

I hope Cam gets the start and majority of the reps with the 1s next week so we can fairly judge both of their performances.

I don't understand how people are so quick to write off that pick 6 Jimmy threw? He gave up as many points as he led us to and still got sacked repeatedly and made a couple of other errant throws as well.

Cam had 3 legitimately bad throws, showed an awesome deep ball, led the offense to as many points as Jimmy scored without giving up any, and had WRs drop multiple balls on him.

So, I guess I could understand people saying Jimmy played better than Cam if they were just looking at the stat line, but not the game... But, not if they watched it.

#85 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:27 AM

That sums it up.

If I was to equate what Cam and Jimmy did last night to sex it would be, Cam, the rookie, gave us a good orgasm but we want more from him and Jimmy's three minutes was his most exciting but everything else was forgettable.:D

#86 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

As much as people say jimmy looked better, he still looks lost.

#87 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:36 AM

Who was cam playing against? How many Jimmy passes did lafell drop?

#88 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:39 AM

Who was cam playing against? How many Jimmy passes did lafell drop?

1) 2nd stringers, and played WITH 2nd/3rd stringers, but had horrible WR play compared to Jimmy (Lafell dropped two in the endzone, Clowney dropped at least one, and Armanti dropped another).

2) None that I remember (although he had the sideline catch called back).

#89 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

Did you watch the same game as I did? Cam was great on his first series, then average at best after that. Clausen was terrible on his first series, then pretty good after that. Not to mention Clausen played his entire time in the rain, while Newton didn't have to deal with that much. I do think that Newton showed a lot of raw talent, but there was no question that Clausen was better last night.

Now we're blaming Mother Nature for Clausen's playing last night too...:D

Clausen was better in ur mind cause he redeemed himself with a TD..Good thing he did cause he gave a free and easy one to the Giants. Just imagine if they didn't get that gift from Clausen, the score would have been worst.

Wouldn't be surprised if Tom Coughlin is sending Clausen a "thank you" note as I type. He saved them from embarrasment. Let's be real.

I watched the game. Let us not make more out of what Jimmy did than need be. Jimmy played well. He redeemed himself by putting some points on the board for the Panters with a TD right after his gift to the Giant.

Maybe Calusen should have done what Cam did and helped his team a little by blocking the reciver who caught his bad throw. Now that, IMO, would have been a sight to be seen.

#90 DRSundrop

DRSundrop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

jimmy clausen is who we thought he was a practice player and a lost gamer. how you people can still root for him is beyond me

im rooting for jimmy because i want him to have kolb or cassel trade value.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com