• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

Everybody is giving up on Drew too early. He's not going to play a lot as Lawson is so good, and he know's his role. He will be a good player in his four years at CH.

#17 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:52 PM

negative, we got the number 4 guard in America (Dexter Strickland) and the number 13 guard in America (Leslie McDonald) coming to play for us next year. Good thought though.

Haha, these guys are going to step in and produce like Lawson. Right.

Edited by love2hateroy, 07 March 2009 - 10:00 PM.

#18 Peppa Jack Supreme

Peppa Jack Supreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

At least it isnt Quentin Thomas coming off the bench. Even if Drew has to play twice his normal mins thats not going to matter because Carolina is going cruise to another win.

#19 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:31 AM

Hey don't diss Q, he did very well filling in last year when Lawson was gone.

#20 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:33 AM

Lawson didn't produce like Lawson when he was a freshman. Players tend to get better...Hey, would you rather have this years version of Gerald Henderson or the freshman version? Freshmen get better. As the great Dean Smith used to say: The best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores.

But if I were a Dook fan, I'd be praying like a priest that Henderson comes back...Without him, dook is still avg athletically...And if Singler decides to go, dook is looking at a middle of the pack ACC finish.

#21 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:50 AM

It seems the Heels are playing this close to the vest...But according to WRAL, there is a possibility that Lawson does not play today. That would be huge for dook, but the Heels can still win as they have more depth and dook has NO answer for the inside game.

#22 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,388 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:39 AM

He isn't going to be 100 percent tonight to begin with, Still a good chance of him not playing at all tonight. I suspect if he does play it will be limited action probably only 15 minutes or so at the most. I don't expect him to start and play a lot of minutes. Doesn't matter we will beat duke with out him. All we need to do is feed the those big three guys the ball inside all game long.

#23 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

Not what I was saying. Lawson is the best point guard in the country, nobody can just come in and play as good as him. However, I was saying that we will not solely have to rely on Larry Drew next season which is what we were complaining about when you said see next year. I was just pointing out that we will have more depth at guard next year and won't have to worry about it if Larry Drew isn't ready to lead.

#24 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

Not what I was saying. Lawson is the best point guard in the country, nobody can just come in and play as good as him. However, I was saying that we will not solely have to rely on Larry Drew next season which is what we were complaining about when you said see next year. I was just pointing out that we will have more depth at guard next year and won't have to worry about it if Larry Drew isn't ready to lead.

I'm amused by the fact that they believe the LD (backing up the best PG in the country) is the same one that will be LEADING next year. I suspect LD will be more than ready to take the reigns next year.

#25 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:44 AM

I'm amused by the fact that they believe the LD (backing up the best PG in the country) is the same one that will be LEADING next year. I suspect LD will be more than ready to take the reigns next year.

I trust Roy and he's proven to be pretty good at recruiting. Larry Drew will be just fine, otherwise he wouldn't of been recruited much less getting pt this year.

#26 Peppa Jack Supreme

Peppa Jack Supreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

80% and he nearly put up a triple-dub.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com