Photo
- - - - -

Would anyone else feel comfortable with Anderson starting?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#46 Guest_Spot On Dtan_*

Guest_Spot On Dtan_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

Dear God.

Is this what this once proud franchise has come to?

Drafting Clausen, then 'ole "Computer Repair" Newton....

And now this?

Starting Derek Anderson?

The man who has already been run out of 3 NFL cities?

Folks,

Please...

#47 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

He might be the best of the 3 right now.

I kinda feel the same way.

#48 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

Dear God.

Is this what this once proud franchise has come to?

Drafting Clausen, then 'ole "Computer Repair" Newton....

And now this?

Starting Derek Anderson?

The man who has already been run out of 3 NFL cities?

Folks,

Please...

It's almost as sad as you giving yourself pi on all of your posts, because no one else will.

#49 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

Unless Jimmay can pull a rabbit out of his ass this is Cams team and he should start. When Cam struggles, and he will struggle, I think Anderson is a great choice to come in and help out. He knows the system...

#50 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

It's almost as sad as you giving yourself pi on all of your posts, because no one else will.

Well, He do have moe PI dan Fiz....

#51 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

I would be comfortable with DA starting because he knows the system, but I don't think he should start unless both Cam and Clausen aren't even close to being ready to start.

#52 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

I'd rather anderson be out there if cam or jimmy aren't ready. if he gives us the best possibility of winning, throw his ass out there.

#53 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,517 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

No, I'd rather see Jimmy Or Cam. Let them get experience.

#54 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

id rather cam get the experience, but if i was the coach an needed to win id play anderson, he gives you the best chance to win at this point

i dont know if Anderson gives you the best chance to win at all, he didnt give Arizona the best chance to win last year to the point they traded a 2nd and Rogers-Cromartie for Kolb. i dont think he gives them the best chance to win.

#55 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,425 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

Former Pro Bowl QB vs soon to be out of a job roster fillers should equal dominating performance- but somehow it didn't.

He had a nice throw or two, but Jimmy and Cam both vastly out performed him IMO.

He's a decent mentor, an ok security blanket, but shouldn't be counted on for much more than that. He's peaked- he had his time in the sun and pissed it away and couldn't legitly beat out Matt freaking Leinart. Cam and Jimmy have a future in the league, why let half has been, half never been stand in their way?

#56 superduperpanthersfan

superduperpanthersfan

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

Actually, Arizona coaches said they thought Anderson gave them the best chance to win, numerous times... same at Cleveland 'til the owner stepped in. If Rivera says the same thing at the start of the year, it might not be that strange, although some here might treat it as though armageddon has happened.

There's a couple trains of thought... go with the best you have at the time, or go with the one you figure you'll end up with and hope they'll improve through experience.

Cam's got a HUGE upside, Jimmy's not a lost cause in the least, but if Anderson can do a better job of running the team for now, why not? The guy only took snaps in what, 3-4 practices so far, and very few in those. I figure if he starts getting an equal share in the next week or two the coaches are looking at who'll do the best job to begin the season.

Nothing is locked in stone, and I'm sure they want to develop the future starter as fast as possible, but why sacrifice potential wins for a little bit of game experience if you've got a guy that you think will give you a better shot at wins in the near term?

#57 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

Actually, Arizona coaches said they thought Anderson gave them the best chance to win, numerous times... same at Cleveland 'til the owner stepped in.

but he didnt win. Clausen or Newton should start, they both looked decent starting yesterday.

#58 Cmall01

Cmall01

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

My feelings are that cam is going to see a learning curve now, or when he starts next season. He is going to get better every week, the team knows that. Last year we lost the season when the team gave up, if we start with Derek and loose a few games i fear they will give up again. I feel we should start cam I'n the beginning and let him learn, he isnt gonna learn from Jimmy, and i fear that all Derek is going to be able to teach him is how to stand on the sidelines and hold a clipboard.

#59 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,823 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

Would anyone else feel comfortable with Anderson starting?

Not the entire season, but maybe 4 or 5 games to give Pickles and Cam more reps, and most importantly time to grasp the system?

I'm not really sure how I feel about it, but wondering what everyone else thinks.

I hope Anderson stays healthy and starts all 16 games this season. I really don't feel comfortable moving Clausen or Newton to OLB, that'd be a disaster.

#60 jopie87

jopie87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationStanton, Ca

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

This team has a ton of talent, and can compete this year. If Newton and Jimmy aren't ready, Anderson should start. He had some rough years, but he has proven he can play in this system. Do not want to rush the development of Newton. Throwing Jimmy out there last year too early was costly to his development. Do not want history to repeat itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.