Photo
- - - - -

Would anyone else feel comfortable with Anderson starting?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#61 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

Live or die by Newton.

#62 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

He might be the best of the 3 right now.

This is the only correct answer.

He knows the system as evidenced by the fact that he was calm, effective and has had little to no time with the team. Let the young guys catch up.

#63 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

If Cam or Jimmy cannot fix their 'issues' by week 1, then yeah Anderson should start imho.

#64 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

What about Anderson's issues? Most notably, not being that good.

#65 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

He's still the more polished of the bunch. Which is unfortunate.

#66 edromeo

edromeo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

Not the entire season, but maybe 4 or 5 games to give Pickles and Cam more reps, and most importantly time to grasp the system?

I'm not really sure how I feel about it, but wondering what everyone else thinks.

I guessed that Anderson would be signed by the Panthers before the Cardinals even made him available.

People forget that Anderson only success as player came from having Chudzinski as his Offensive Coordinator.

And at the time I thought that the plan from the Chudz/Rivera would be to have Anderson start until Cam was ready ala Eli, Cutler, Freeman etc.

But, I don't see where Clausen factors into the equation.

#67 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

If Anderson was going to start he would be playing in the first quarter not the fourth.

#68 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

This is the only correct answer.

He knows the system as evidenced by the fact that he was calm, effective and has had little to no time with the team. Let the young guys catch up.

He was calm against guys that won't have a job in two weeks- I'm not impressed.

#69 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

If Anderson was going to start he would be playing in the first quarter not the fourth.

true, honestly, i know that he was good in Chud's offense, but that was years ago. i only want to start Anderson if the other QBs arent ready and honestly, last night they both looked ready to start. i think either Clausen or Newton should start.

#70 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Don't get me wrong please, if DA gives us the best chance to win then by all means, start him and let's surprise some people, but I don't think that's the case now, or in the future.

#71 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

Based on 3 completions and one touchdown that anyone on this forum could have thrown, no I don't think I'm comfortable starting DA just yet. I'd much rather delve into what we have with Newton and Clausen before going that route. It's quite the quarterback controversy we have here, though, undoubtedly. Who knows what Rivera is thinking.

#72 superduperpanthersfan

superduperpanthersfan

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

Why would he need to start the first preseason game? I was talking to one of my friends who lives for Sundays... asked him if he's happy to have NFL football this weekend. He said "this weekend isn't NFL football, it's football for rookies and second teamers. The next two weeks we'll see NFL football for a half, and then maybe a quarter the following week."

I think we'll have a pretty good idea if Anderson's in the mix come week 3 of preseason. He wasn't even eligible to practice 'til last Thursday, then came on and held a clipboard for 2-3 days while the young guys got the work.

It'll be interesting to watch practice reports the next week and a half to see who's getting the most work. At some point they need to make a decision and give the first game starter the most reps.

#73 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

He was calm against guys that won't have a job in two weeks- I'm not impressed.

He was also playing with guys who might not have a job in two weeks. To look calm playing with 3rd string lineman and recievers with only a couple days practice is pretty good in my opinion.

#74 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,646 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

Anderson should NOT start.

David Carr looked good in prior preseasons in recent history when playing against 3rd stringers late in preseason games. I am not a Jimmy fan but he should go over DA

#75 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

I'm not saying he sucked or pissed away his opportunity, but it was a very small sample vs very marginal competition. I think our back up WR's are far better than the Gmen back up secondary.

I'm just not ready to declare anything after, what I consider, an insignificant sampling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com