Photo
- - - - -

President Barack Obama just plain rude to Britain. "Don't call us in future."

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:45 AM

Why couldn't President Obama have put on more of a show for his British guests? He looked like he simply couldn't be bothered.

Gordon Brown and Barack Obama in the Oval Office (Photo: AP)

Number 10 may be content that they just about got away with the visit to the Oval Office yesterday, as Andrew Porter reports from Washington.

But on this side of the Atlantic the whole business looked pretty demeaning. The morning papers and TV last night featured plenty of comment focused on the White House's very odd and, frankly, exceptionally rude treatment of a British PM. Squeezing in a meeting, denying him a full press conference with flags etc. The British press corps, left outside for an hour in the cold, can take it and their privations are of limited concern to the public.

But Obama's merely warmish words (one of our closest allies, said with little sincerity or passion) left a bitter taste with this Atlanticist. Especially after his team had made Number 10 beg for a mini press conference and then not even offered the PM lunch.

We get the point, sunshine: we're just one of many allies and you want fancy new friends. Well, the next time you need something doing, something which impinges on your national security, then try calling the French, or the Japanese, or best of all the Germans. The French will be able to offer you first rate support from their catering corps but beyond that you'll be on your own.

When it comes to men, munitions and commitment you'll soon find out why it pays to at least treat the Brits with some manners.

http://blogs.telegra...ll_us_in_future

#2 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

This was simply a mistake. I'll bet the next time Britain visits they get the red carpet treatment.

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:51 AM

A mistake from an inexperienced president and staff. I am sure they will do better in the future, once they have a couple of years experience working together.

#4 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:54 AM

A mistake from an inexperienced president and staff. I am sure they will do better in the future, once they have a couple of years experience working together.

Yep. These are the mistakes I can live with. Saying you're against earmarks and that you will work with Republicans at every campaign stop, then telling America an earmark filled bill has to be passed ASAP and that the big bad Republicans are stopping it from happening? That's what bothers me. What else is he going to go back on?

#5 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:26 AM

Why couldn't President Obama have put on more of a show for his British guests?

I can't believe this guy doesn't roll out the red carpet treatment for the Brits! What a piece of poo!

President Obama rolls out the red carpet treatment in the middle of a recession

I can't believe this guy is throwing parties while the economy is tanking! I hope he gets in a car crash!

Posted Image

#6 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:45 AM

Gay men like him. That's enough reason for me to hate him. :D

#7 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

i know rite. we need to take this to the streets. ugh this guy just burns me up. let's start a race war.

#8 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:50 AM

i know rite. we need to take this to the streets. ugh this guy just burns me up. let's start a race war.

Why is it you are always the only one bringing up his race? I mean seriously.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:52 AM

it burns me up! who does guy think he is? what a piece of poo. blacks. argh!

#10 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

it burns me up! who does guy think he is? what a piece of sh*t. blacks. argh!

Who gives a poo what color his skin is? His character is what I question, and I have very good reason to.

#11 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:56 AM

i'm with you, man. gah! this guy gets under my skin! why does he have to be so black!

#12 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,696 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

i'm with you, man. gah! this guy gets under my skin! why does he have to be so black!

Sheesh! Meat already said it was his skin color. He messed up with the Brits. He will take his lumps and move on. You can see in his demeanor that he didnt want to be there.

#13 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

can you honestly tell me a white man would be such an embarrassment as this guy?

#14 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:56 PM

I'm sure it's not O's fault. I bet PM Brown was itching to get back home and watch that bag of CD's O gave him.

#15 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

watch that bag of CD's

indeed.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com