Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Spot On Dtan

Folks, we have to discuss this. (we really do)

257 posts in this topic

Christ, did nobody actually go to practice today? How has this been one of the most-viewed threads this evening?

So because a guy misses one PS game this makes him just as valuable as CJ? I must need to go to school in Georgia to be able to figure this poo out. Quit being an over zealous troll and face the facts that this year the NFC South is scared pooless after watching our one preseason game.

1. Your first sentence made no sense in context to my original statement. Another poster claimed that we were screwed because Edwards and Peters have injuries, and I replied that both were minor. At no point did I suggest anything close to what you suggested I did.

2. No one is "scared pooless" of the panthers, preseason means nothing. The 08' Lions went 4-0 in preseason. They then finished the season at 0-16. Your team has added a raw rookie to a team that finished 2-14. Teams are not "scared pooless," they are looking forward to playing you bums.

164 posts and only 98 pies? Don't you think you deserve a little bit more than that?

164 posts and only 98 pies? Don't you think you deserve a little bit more than that?

Finally.

Someone who understands my genius.

Do me a favor and give pie to all my posts.

That ought to make up for this board's ignorance of my genius.

Wow, "Carologic".

It's been a long time since I've heard that one.

Well, now that you've convinced yourselves that you are a "team on the rise,"

It's beginning to pop up.

It will be extinct by about week 6 though...

Well, now that you've convinced yourselves that you are a "team on the rise,"

It's beginning to pop up.

It will be extinct by about week 6 though...

When did I ever say that we're a "team on the rise". My prediction for this season is 5-11.

Also optimistic homerism is something that occurs in every fanbase in the preseason and it didn't merit creating a new word back in 2006 and it sure as poo doesn't merit still using it five years later.

I mean you hate the "Nazi mods" at the AFMB but didn't like BankerBird or one of the other obese gentlemen in charge of moderating that forum coin the term?

1 person likes this

I hate to bring this up. I swear. I really do.

I like you guys.

But someone had to do it.

So let's get this over with. Just touch on this subject and get back to our lives.

Look here folks.

These contracts, given by the self described "best cap GM in the NFL," are killing you!

Killing you!

Let's start with Charles Johnson.

I know he had a breakout year in 2011.

And I know you had to keep him away from my Falcons.

But you got duped.

DUPED!!!!

All reports coming out of Atlanta say that the birds were offering 7m/year.

Nowhere close to the 12/yr you gave him.

So, somehow Dimitroff (who I do not think highly of, BTW) and CJ's agent got you good.

No doubt CJ wanted to return home to Atlanta.

But did you really need to give him 5m/year more?

'Ole Chas didn't want to go home that bad.

And now you're stuck with a guy with only one season of success for 6 years/72 million.

Just great.

Moving on.

DeAngelo Williams?

Please.

I know he's done some good things for you in the past.

But he's hit a wall recently, was injured, and is already 28.

And runningbacks are going for peanuts on the open market these days.

Peanuts!

So what does the "smartest cap GM in the NFL" do?

He gives him a 5 year, 43 million dollar contract with 21 guaranteed?

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

Like I said.

I recognize that the panthers didn't have the best season last year.

And were gonna have to pay a premium to get FA's.

But 'ole "DWill" got 2 to 4 times his market value.

These chickens will come home to roost!

I guarantee it.

And on to the line backers.

Beason, I can understand that.

That guy is a playmaker. 10m/yr is fine.

But Thomas Davis at 5 years, 22 million after 2 ACL tears in a year?

James Anderson to the same contract after one okay year?

You better hope Beason can pick up their slack.

And here's the kicker (:D:D:D:D).

Your brilliant "cap genius GM" paid 12 million over 4 years for Olindo Mare?

4 guaranteed?

He of 38 years and the 80% FG rate?

Was your "brilliant GM" trying to keep up with Tampa (Signed punter to 19.5 million deal)?

Folks.

In summary.

You overpaid to keep guys who led you to a 2-14 record last year.

These chickens will come back to roost.

I'm telling you.

Cam Newton better be the future.

Or "Cap Genius Hurney" is cooked

As are you.

However, seeing as how ATL's boneheaded GM "Thomas Dummytroff" has gotten 2 "executive of the year" awards after 0 playoff wins, and a bunch of dumb moves, you may be seeing an EOY award pretty soon.

Charles Johnson led all DE's in combined Qb hits, hurries and sacks.

He also excelled against the run, and led all DE's in defensive stops.

He accomplished this at the age of 25 ,in his first year starting, with no help from rest of the line. While he didn't start until 2010 he was consistenly impressive when he did play in previous years , suggesting this wasn't just out of nowhere.

At such a young age, with such all around talent at a integral and hard to find position he deserved a big payday. He was overpaid, but in a understandable sense, if he continues to play at this level it's worth it.

Davis's contract was specifically structured around his injury. If he does get hurt once again. We won't be hurt by it.

Anderson played very well and is young. While there is a bit assuming, it's not a stretch to believe he can continue to play at this level. It was either pay him, or someone else of less talent.

Mare was overpaid, Williams was as well. But Williams can still be a big asset. His injuries were not severe and there's no reason he can't play at the high level were accustomed to.

Also we both know that just because a team is bad doesn't mean certain players aren't worthy of a payday. You have no problem with Beason being paid, yet was he not part of that 2-12 team?

When did I ever say that we're a "team on the rise". My prediction for this season is 5-11.

Also optimistic homerism is something that occurs in every fanbase in the preseason and it didn't merit creating a new word back in 2006 and it sure as poo doesn't merit still using it five years later.

I mean you hate the "Nazi mods" at the AFMB but didn't like BankerBird or one of the other obese gentlemen in charge of moderating that forum coin the term?

I meant the fan base as a whole. You may be a perfectly reasonable person.

Your fellow huddlers are not. "Carologic" is very appropriate here.

And yes I hate the fascists at "falcons life"

But a broken clock is wrong twice a day