- - - - -

Folks, we have to discuss this. (we really do)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
251 replies to this topic

#241 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,637 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

"To assume is to make an ass out of you and me"

Once again,

Your entire argument is based on what you believe.

Not facts, not stats, past performance, not even historical trends.

Extremely biased assumptions.

No my argument is based on the available facts extrapolated by the changes we have made and the coaching success our team has had in San Diego last year. My argument is very fact based and full of stats. Yours has none. So it is amazing that you are accusing me of exactly what you are doing. In psychological terms we call that projection. Projecting your faults and issues on others.

Once again you have failed to argue your point, failed to discredit my position and taken the ridiculous position that if everything I said is not immediately evident, then somehow that reinforces your position despite your obvious lack of stats, fact or even thought out logic. That is a non sequitor even for a troll.

But I will let it go since arguing on will only feed the troll and ignoring you is far worse punishment. And honestly you are hardly worth debating as your logic is flawed and your arguments are elementary. Perhaps you should read this forum more fully and learn about us before spouting more useless nonsense. Any debater of any note clearly understands that in order to successfully articulate a credible argument you have to understand both sides of the issue. You clearly don't. Note how I used both Falcon stats and Panther stats in my arguments. It strengthens the validity of the argument.

#242 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,637 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

It's an all-time great?

No disrespect to Cam, but what is a better read?

One of 50 "we got cam" threads?

Or an objective, well researched, "spot on" thread discussing the major FA signings?

Th truth sells, my good friends.

Seems to me the choice should be obvious.

Researched?? Objective???

Seriously????

The emperor has no clothes.

#243 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,637 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

Hamlet's Mom no? "Out damned spot, OUT!" I think

Ok I'll read a lil of this thread since P55 is posting.

It was Macbeth not Hamlet but nonetheless thanks for the shoutout.

#244 Guest_Spot On Dtan_*

Guest_Spot On Dtan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

No my argument is based on the available facts extrapolated by the changes we have made and the coaching success our team has had in San Diego last year. My argument is very fact based and full of stats. Yours has none. So it is amazing that you are accusing me of exactly what you are doing. In psychological terms we call that projection. Projecting your faults and issues on others.

Once again you have failed to argue your point, failed to discredit my position and taken the ridiculous position that if everything I said is not immediately evident, then somehow that reinforces your position despite your obvious lack of stats, fact or even thought out logic. That is a non sequitor even for a troll.

But I will let it go since arguing on will only feed the troll and ignoring you is far worse punishment. And honestly you are hardly worth debating as your logic is flawed and your arguments are elementary. Perhaps you should read this forum more fully and learn about us before spouting more useless nonsense. Any debater of any note clearly understands that in order to successfully articulate a credible argument you have to understand both sides of the issue. You clearly don't. Note how I used both Falcon stats and Panther stats in my arguments. It strengthens the validity of the argument.

Again you claim to have facts.

And again you fail to produce them.

You brought up one "fact."

That Riviera is good coach.

You again are assuming that the coaching staff will have success.

You do not even think of considering that SD may have a much more talented roster than your own.

I'm down with projections (see my soon to be posted 2012 predictions thread).

But don't act like yours are inevitable.

Finally,

You insult my argument, but don't make a valid counterargument.

Instead opting for "you are hardly worth debating as your logic is flawed and your arguments"

Personal insults do not counterpoints make.

#245 PanthersGuy28

PanthersGuy28

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

swagless

falcons

fan

is

swagless

#246 Guest_Spot On Dtan_*

Guest_Spot On Dtan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:43 PM

swagless

falcons

fan

is

swagless

Spot on Dtan has rubbed off more of his swag on toilet seats.

Than you will ever generate.

Wanna know why?

"Winning"

Edited by Spot On Dtan, 16 August 2011 - 10:44 PM.
"Winning"

#247 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:43 AM

Pretty simple stuff....CJ is the DE building block, at 25 has earned/deserves the expectations placed on him...we are going with that and the league took notice (Osi, and others I'm sure) No apologies there, it's a risk, yet it's a good move IMO. No way to judge until the season starts and we'll see if he has solid help on the line.

Deangelo? Same thing, yet a little different.....all production until an injury last year, but has half the wear and tear of any full time starter, and we all know it...The injury last year was a relief in a way, less miles put on when the ship was already taking on water. We'll have a good idea about this deal half way into this season. I don't see any evidence he has lost anything at this point. We'll have to wait for some regular season games to see what he can do. Until then? Think about your own tough free agent decisions coming up....Let alone the fact that every other decent RB now wants the cash..CJ in Tenn., Bradshaw in NY and Forte in Chicago come to mind...Only thing is Carolina wanted to reward Deangelo.......I like that.

LB contracts? An issue there? Insane......we are set and in great shape, even if injuries come into play. Don't need any time for reflection there....

Kicker? Well I hated to see Kasay go, but the dual roster positions had to end.....ever pulled for a team with a shaky kicker? Sucks...sucks bad.....I like the veteran route, let's worry about other things...This will evolve kick-by-kick, if he settles into the same "money" mode Kasay used to occupy, then the money is worth it, no question. This ain't a cap buster, even if it seems steep.

I'm happy to sit back and watch what happens....The big moves are over. Let's see what the new coaching staff can do with it all.

#248 Guest_Spot On Dtan_*

Guest_Spot On Dtan_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:28 AM

Pretty simple stuff....CJ is the DE building block, at 25 has earned/deserves the expectations placed on him...we are going with that and the league took notice (Osi, and others I'm sure) No apologies there, it's a risk, yet it's a good move IMO. No way to judge until the season starts and we'll see if he has solid help on the line.

Deangelo? Same thing, yet a little different.....all production until an injury last year, but has half the wear and tear of any full time starter, and we all know it...The injury last year was a relief in a way, less miles put on when the ship was already taking on water. We'll have a good idea about this deal half way into this season. I don't see any evidence he has lost anything at this point. We'll have to wait for some regular season games to see what he can do. Until then? Think about your own tough free agent decisions coming up....Let alone the fact that every other decent RB now wants the cash..CJ in Tenn., Bradshaw in NY and Forte in Chicago come to mind...Only thing is Carolina wanted to reward Deangelo.......I like that.

LB contracts? An issue there? Insane......we are set and in great shape, even if injuries come into play. Don't need any time for reflection there....

Kicker? Well I hated to see Kasay go, but the dual roster positions had to end.....ever pulled for a team with a shaky kicker? Sucks...sucks bad.....I like the veteran route, let's worry about other things...This will evolve kick-by-kick, if he settles into the same "money" mode Kasay used to occupy, then the money is worth it, no question. This ain't a cap buster, even if it seems steep.

I'm happy to sit back and watch what happens....The big moves are over. Let's see what the new coaching staff can do with it all.

And that's your prerogative.

But don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm telling you.

These chickens will come home to roost.

#249 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,659 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:34 AM

Quoting Charlie Sheen catchphrases is the anti-swag.

#250 mercules20

mercules20

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

quit fugging bumping this you dumbasses

#251 Guest_Spot On Dtan_*

Guest_Spot On Dtan_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

Quoting Charlie Sheen catchphrases is the anti-swag.

Objectivity, my friend.

Objectivity trumps all.

Even your precious "swag."

Bear with me folks.

We can get through this.

Together.

#252 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,509 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

Falcons have been to 1 Superbowl in approx 50 some years of existence.
Falcons have been to the Playoffs around 6 times in 50 years.

Panthers have been to 1 Superbowl in approx 15 years.
Panthers have been to the Playoffs 4 times in approx 15 years.

Not really in a position to give franchise building advice are ya ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com