- - - - -

Folks, we have to discuss this. (we really do)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
251 replies to this topic

#91 Guest_Spot On Dtan_*

Guest_Spot On Dtan_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

Atlanta was 10th in overall defense...Carolina was 13th. Not a huge difference. Both were above average on defense.

With a new system in place that puts an emphasis on being aggressive...Carolina will greatly improve. We have big play makers on defense.

Really?

Or will this newfound aggression cause your crappy DBs to get burned more?

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

#92 Smithers

Smithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

Again...our "crappy DB's" ranked 18th last year in defending the pass...Atlanta's ranked 14th. The two were seperated by a mere 19 yards per game difference.

The big difference??? We played a cover 2...which is known to allow more passing yards in order to prevent the big play. The middle of the field was always open, because of the system.

Why couldn't Eli Manning complete a pass worth anything against our DB's...our backup DB's mind you (starters sat out), on Saturday night? Just wait and see.

Really?

Or will this newfound aggression cause your crappy DBs to get burned more?

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

#93 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

Turner has 1-2 left.

Roddy isn't slowing down for at least 4 more years.

You forget that we held GB to 14 pts in our first meeting. Has is ever crossed your mind that we had a bad game? Ray will help, but we just have to play better (and get a competent nickle)

without a running game and a TE to stretch the field, Roddy will face more pressure and coverage. JJ and Roddy can't do it by themselves with Matt Ryan out there "dissecting defenses"..

has it ever crossed your mind that Green Bay may have had a bad game when you held them to 14 points?

oh, and now they got basically their entire team off of IR.. you really think your point holds weight? lol

you're entire point of the Panthers being old is a hilarious irony to your situation.. considering we were the youngest team in the league last year..

#94 Smithers

Smithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

oops...looked at the wrong stats.

Carolina was ranked 11th with our "crappy DB's". Atlanta was ranked 22nd. So whose DB's are crappy? All this while playing a cover 2....geez.

#95 Guest_Spot On Dtan_*

Guest_Spot On Dtan_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

Not really sure why you are allowed to say that a new scheme will benefit your defense (13th-which you claim to be "good"), but I am not allowed to say that a new, good FA will benefit mine (10th- which you claim to be terrible). Pretty hypocrital if you ask me.

#96 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

Atlanta should trade Grimes over to us to make up a draft pick.. they won't be needing him much longer anyhow considering they have about 2 years left of being in the spotlight..

#97 the212

the212

It ain't what it was.

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

Those with confidence in their enterprise need not glorify it. A lack of confidence leads to a beautiful summer day spent defending their position.

Just my 0.02

#98 Smithers

Smithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Not really sure why you are allowed to say that a new scheme will benefit your defense (13th-which you claim to be "good"), but I am not allowed to say that a new, good FA will benefit mine (10th- which you claim to be terrible). Pretty hypocrital if you ask me.

1. When did I claim 13 was good?
2. When did I claim 10 was terrible?

read my post...I said both were above average. I feel like I am typing to a 10 year old hooked on phonics student.

#99 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Those with confidence in their enterprise need not glorify it. A lack of confidence leads to a beautiful summer day spent defending their position.

This. /thread

#100 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

because adding Ray Edwards doesn't stop Aaron Rodgers from raping your 22nd ranked pass defense...?

Brent Grimes will be best served in Carolina.. send him on over.. we'll give you a pick, it's not going to make up for the JJ debacle , but it's a start...

Edited by bleys, 15 August 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#101 Guest_Spot On Dtan_*

Guest_Spot On Dtan_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

Atlanta should trade Grimes over to us to make up a draft pick.. they won't be needing him much longer anyhow considering they have about 2 years left of being in the spotlight..

You could have had him for a first.

#102 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

You could have had him for a first.

and we could have went after someone better if we felt like spending the equivalent..

#103 Guest_Spot On Dtan_*

Guest_Spot On Dtan_*
  • Guests

1. When did I claim 13 was good?
2. When did I claim 10 was terrible?

read my post...I said both were above average. I feel like I am typing to a 10 year old hooked on phonics student.

Wasn't talking to you

#104 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • 2,034 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

I read this entire thread.

What the hell is wrong with me?

#105 Smithers

Smithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

Wasn't talking to you

Oops...you forgot to give yourself pie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.