Photo
- - - - -

On Duke Basketball Report

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:14 AM

They are concerned with what #1 seed they would least like to see in their bracket, of course assuming that they themselves are not a #1 (snicker)...But, shouldn't dook fans be more concerned about getting past the first weekend?

#2 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

No, this team is different, like I've been saying. Bigger goals in mind that just breaking the first weekend slump.

#3 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:13 AM

What's a realistic goal for Duke this year, in your opinion? Also, I read something yesterday where Henderson dodged the question about where he'll play next year...You think he's going to take advantage of a weak draft and bonk out? It would be the wise move. Strike while the iron is hot.

#4 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

What's a realistic goal for Duke this year, in your opinion? Also, I read something yesterday where Henderson dodged the question about where he'll play next year...You think he's going to take advantage of a weak draft and bonk out? It would be the wise move. Strike while the iron is hot.

obviously he's going to say win a national championship just like we would say.

Realistically though, my prediction is duke goes to sweet 16.

They thrive off of turnovers and feed off of their home duke crowd. When they are hot hitting three's, they are tough to beat. Mix the great ball pressure forcing turnovers with hitting from the outside, Duke is tough. However, their defense is what feeds them so the better they play on defense the better they are going to be shooting the ball from the perimeter.

Henderson will be able to carry them for a couple of rounds, but I think that when they meet that team that doesn't turn the ball over to their pressure and takes the ball inside on them and forces a slow tempo game then I think that will be when duke loses.

Edited by PlayMoore!, 07 March 2009 - 11:39 AM.

#5 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

Henderson should go pro. He's really turned it on in the second half of the year, and as much as I hate to say it I think he's a better pro prospect than Ellington. He was always more athletic than Ellington but his outside shot wasn't anywhere near Ellingtons range. He has the athleticism and the range to have a good career in the pros. He still needs to work on his handle though.

#6 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

The thing about Duke this year is that while they have played badly for a stretch or two, they have also played well enough to beat anyone in the country. If they play up to their potential and everyone is healthy, I see no reason why Duke can't be in the Final Four. If they show up and play like they were a couple weeks ago, it could be another early exit. Don't think that is going to happen though.

Oh, Henderson will be back. He isn't like Hans, who peaked his sophomore year. Henderson's athletic ability isn't going anywhere, and there is plenty in his game that can improve in a year. It won't surprise me if he leaves or stays, but I think he'll be back.

#7 bacardimarty89

bacardimarty89

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:10 PM

On the next level Henderson plays like a 3 and has the size of a 1 or small 2 guard.Any above average 2 or 3 would out match him.Unless he can learn the some ball handling skills like Steph Curry has done to be a combo guard. I just Don't see him translating well to the nba game at all, but I guess thats nothing new for a dukie. I guess duke could make a run to the final 4 but if they have to match up with ANY team that bangs downlow on both offense and defense they will be out. No inside presence since Sheldon Williams left. But who knows carolina could just as eaisly have a nightmare of game and let some team get them out of there element and put em' out.

Edited by texaspetey24, 07 March 2009 - 12:14 PM.

#8 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:37 PM

[quote name='texaspetey24']Don't see him translating well to the nba game at all, but I guess thats nothing new for a dukie. QUOTE]

Duke has more NBA players in the league right now than any other school. Just thought you should know.

#9 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:00 PM

[quote name='love2hateroy'][quote name='texaspetey24']Don't see him translating well to the nba game at all, but I guess thats nothing new for a dukie. QUOTE]

Duke has more NBA players in the league right now than any other school. Just thought you should know.[/quote]

Is that fact? If it is, then that's interesting.

I think he was implying good NBA players though not ones that go and sit the bench or ones that have terrible NBA careers.

#10 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

I personally think Henderson is gone. The draft is weak, and his prospects will be high...next years draft is going to be loaded with underclassmen. If he doesn't go this year he may not get drafted...I agree about the Ellington comparison...It seems his game has leveled off.

#11 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

Duke will outlast Carolina. I hate to say that, but I just have a feeling...

#12 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:50 PM

^ why do you think that? I just don't think duke is built for, or has the depth for much in the post-season.

#13 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:38 AM

[quote name='PlayMoore!'][quote name='love2hateroy']

Is that fact? If it is, then that's interesting.

I think he was implying good NBA players though not ones that go and sit the bench or ones that have terrible NBA careers.[/quote]

That is a fact. At the start of the 2008-2009 NBA season Duke led the NBA with 14 players.

I would assume some good NBA players would be Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand, Chris Duhon, Corey Maggette, Grant Hill, Shane Battier.

#14 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

[quote name='Luc21'][quote name='PlayMoore!']

That is a fact. At the start of the 2008-2009 NBA season Duke led the NBA with 14 players.

I would assume some good NBA players would be Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand, Chris Duhon, Corey Maggette, Grant Hill, Shane Battier.[/quote]

I think Hill is retired...All that talent at the end of the 90's and into this century and only one title...Sound like anyone else we've heard about over the years...But, yeah, I think Henderson is going to test the waters and he will go lottery as the draft is about potential and he still has upside.

#15 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

^ why do you think that? I just don't think duke is built for, or has the depth for much in the post-season.

Just a feeling, they're going to be going in too cocky. Confidence is important, but cocky is dangerous...

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com