Photo
- - - - -

On Duke Basketball Report

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#16 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

Just a feeling, they're going to be going in too cocky. Confidence is important, but cocky is dangerous...

I don't see how they can be too cocky, since they have had two very good lessons on that subject lately...losing to BC in the first ACC match up, and losing to Maryland just a week ago. If they don't get it by now, something's wrong.

#17 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

I don't see how they can be too cocky, since they have had two very good lessons on that subject lately...losing to BC in the first ACC match up, and losing to Maryland just a week ago. If they don't get it by now, something's wrong.

Agreed, I just see it too many times with them and they are probably going to be number one going in with their win over Duke and others losing this week baring a meltdown in the ACC tourney, (yes, I know they are 1 right now)...

#18 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,986 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

Duke is a 4 or 5 seed. To be honest.
If Duke gets the right matchup, MAYBE an Elite 8. But rangy physical teams give them fits.
But with Elliot Williams playing more thats great to have more guards with some PT.

#19 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

[quote name='Htar'][quote name='Luc21']

I think Hill is retired...All that talent at the end of the 90's and into this century and only one title...Sound like anyone else we've heard about over the years...But, yeah, I think Henderson is going to test the waters and he will go lottery as the draft is about potential and he still has upside.[/quote]

You have to be kidding me with the Hill comment? That right there is why your opinion on this board should be disregarded. Im sorry, but you just make up facts, and always spin everything toward Carolina. No Grant Hill is still in the NBA, he starts for the Pheonix Suns (they dont have any Tar Heels, but they are a real NBA Franchise) and he averages 11 ppg, 5 rpg, and 2 apg in 29 mpg, Im not pointing those numbers out because they are superstar or anything, but because he is at the end of his career and still starting and contributing.

As for the talent, yeah Duke should have won another title in the late 90's (1999) but lets not act like Carolina hasnt had some stacked teams recently and failed..2008 says hello. And let's let this year play out, if this team doesnt win, that would be the worst of all right??? I mean this is the greatest team ever, so they have to win the championship.

#20 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

[quote name='Luc21'][quote name='Htar']

You have to be kidding me with the Hill comment? That right there is why your opinion on this board should be disregarded. Im sorry, but you just make up facts, and always spin everything toward Carolina. No Grant Hill is still in the NBA, he starts for the Pheonix Suns (they dont have any Tar Heels, but they are a real NBA Franchise) and he averages 11 ppg, 5 rpg, and 2 apg in 29 mpg, Im not pointing those numbers out because they are superstar or anything, but because he is at the end of his career and still starting and contributing.

As for the talent, yeah Duke should have won another title in the late 90's (1999) but lets not act like Carolina hasnt had some stacked teams recently and failed..2008 says hello. And let's let this year play out, if this team doesnt win, that would be the worst of all right??? I mean this is the greatest team ever, so they have to win the championship.[/quote]

I don't follow the NBA that closely...Sue me. Grant Hill is out so much, who knew?

In 2008 NC got beat by the best team in the country...KANSAS! I think Kansas proved they were and had an argument to be considered the best all season. That 99 dook team was the biggest meltdown ever. No way should Uconn have won that game. How u like them facts!!!

#21 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

[quote name='Htar'][quote name='Luc21']

I don't follow the NBA that closely...Sue me. Grant Hill is out so much, who knew?

In 2008 NC got beat by the best team in the country...KANSAS! I think Kansas proved they were and had an argument to be considered the best all season. That 99 dook team was the biggest meltdown ever. No way should Uconn have won that game. How u like them facts!!![/quote]

There wasnt one single fact in that response. So I can't really say one way or another how I like them. Sorry.

Let's not forget Kansas was a desperation 3 at the buzzer away from NOT winning the National Championship last year. What then? Would they still be the best team? I mean you make it sound like everyone in the country was like "kansas is going to win this year, no doubt about it".

#22 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

[quote name='Luc21'][quote name='Htar']

There wasnt one single fact in that response. So I can't really say one way or another how I like them. Sorry.

Let's not forget Kansas was a desperation 3 at the buzzer away from NOT winning the National Championship last year. What then? Would they still be the best team? I mean you make it sound like everyone in the country was like "kansas is going to win this year, no doubt about it".[/quote]

You gotta be kiddin me...Kansas PROVED they were the best buy beating UNC and finally Memphis in the final...UNC, Memphis, Kansas were the top three most if not all season.

here's another newsflash for you, since you obviously don't know...SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO SNEAK ONE OUT IN THE TOURNAMENT...It happens to nearly every team that cuts the nets down. There is usually one game that they had a serious gut check in.

Your memory is short with regard to Kansas...Hell, I posted several times last year that they were probably the most talented team in the country. And I wasn't the only guy thinking that.

#23 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:04 PM

You gotta be kiddin me...Kansas PROVED they were the best buy beating UNC and finally Memphis in the final...UNC, Memphis, Kansas were the top three most if not all season.

here's another newsflash for you, since you obviously don't know...SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO SNEAK ONE OUT IN THE TOURNAMENT...It happens to nearly every team that cuts the nets down. There is usually one game that they had a serious gut check in.

Your memory is short with regard to Kansas...Hell, I posted several times last year that they were probably the most talented team in the country. And I wasn't the only guy thinking that.

Please. They squeaked by Davidson with a 2 point victory the game before UNC. Most if not all Tar Heel fans were looking ahead to knocking off Memphis. In fact, the Heels were favored by 4 points in that game. They were also favored to win the whole tournament when it got down to the final 4.

#24 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:59 PM

Just because Roy wanted Kansas to win when Carolina played against them doesn't mean they were the best team!

Posted Image

#25 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

what's a realistic goal for duke this year, in your opinion? Also, i read something yesterday where henderson dodged the question about where he'll play next year...you think he's going to take advantage of a weak draft and bonk out? It would be the wise move. Strike while the iron is hot.

detroit.

#26 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

Just because Roy wanted Kansas to win when Carolina played against them doesn't mean they were the best team!

Posted Image

Wow, I bet you're one of those goofy ass Duke fans that believe Ty Lawson is faking his injury too, aren't you?

Just because Roy Williams showed some support to the school where he spent 15 years of his life, after the Tar Heels were already eliminated BTW, that doesn't mean he wasn't trying to beat them.:rolleyes:

#27 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

Who cut the nets down last year? Who did Kansas beat to do it? My god some of you don't remember who the top 4 teams were all of last season? Kansas, Memphis, UCLA and NC were all considered the top teams to beat. Kansas did the deed. I choose to give them props. As for talent, how many of Kansas' players went pretty high in the draft? Anyone remember? How many of the Heels best players would've been taken in the first round?

#28 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:21 PM

Posted Image

Damn, that's some really stupid poo...

I'm sure you'd be just as critical if, and yes it's ridicules, but if Navy or Indiana was playing for the national championship after Duke was eliminated, which he would probably do...

Edited by Mintal, 12 March 2009 - 07:24 PM.

#29 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

Damn, that's some really stupid poo...

I'm sure you'd be just as critical if, and yes it's ridicules, but if Navy or Indiana was playing for the national championship after Duke was eliminated, which he would probably do...

Coach K previously coached at Army.

#30 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:34 PM

Coach K previously coached at Army.

OK, I made a mistake, he's not my coach and I haven't dedicated my on-line life to hating him... :lol:

Edited by Mintal, 12 March 2009 - 09:36 PM.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com