32 replies to this topic

#31 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:59 PM

Who cut the nets down last year? Who did Kansas beat to do it? My god some of you don't remember who the top 4 teams were all of last season? Kansas, Memphis, UCLA and NC were all considered the top teams to beat. Kansas did the deed. I choose to give them props. As for talent, how many of Kansas' players went pretty high in the draft? Anyone remember? How many of the Heels best players would've been taken in the first round?

When Duke loses a tournament game as a favorite to the champion in the championship game by 3 points, it's a meltdown. When UNC loses a tournament game as a favorite, to the eventual champion, by 16 after falling behind 40-12 near the beginning of the game, the other team has more talent and therefore it is not a meltdown. I'm glad that has been settled.

You've admitted that you don't follow the NBA so why even try to make that ridiculous argument?? Kansas had one lottery pick (Brandon Rush) who went 13th and is warming the bench on a crappy Pacers team. Darrell Arthur went 27th overall and is doing much of the same for an even crappier Grizzlies team. The other 3 Kansas picks were second rounders, one who is not even in the league. The only one playing much at all is Mario Chalmers who was picked 34th overall. So you had one player who was picked before the goofy French guy that the Bobcats selected. Ty Lawson would have easily been a lottery pick if not for the DUI. You could argue that Ellington and Hansbrough would have gotten a shot somewhere in the first round.

#32 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:21 AM

OK, I made a mistake, he's not my coach and I haven't dedicated my on-line life to hating him... :lol:

I dont really view myself as having two lives. If you met me on the street, I would still not have any trouble seeing through Roy's bullshit, good ole' boy act. Nothing against you, I was just pointing out that Coach K coached at Army.

#33 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:45 AM

When Duke loses a tournament game as a favorite to the champion in the championship game by 3 points, it's a meltdown. When UNC loses a tournament game as a favorite, to the eventual champion, by 16 after falling behind 40-12 near the beginning of the game, the other team has more talent and therefore it is not a meltdown. I'm glad that has been settled.

You've admitted that you don't follow the NBA so why even try to make that ridiculous argument?? Kansas had one lottery pick (Brandon Rush) who went 13th and is warming the bench on a crappy Pacers team. Darrell Arthur went 27th overall and is doing much of the same for an even crappier Grizzlies team. The other 3 Kansas picks were second rounders, one who is not even in the league. The only one playing much at all is Mario Chalmers who was picked 34th overall. So you had one player who was picked before the goofy French guy that the Bobcats selected. Ty Lawson would have easily been a lottery pick if not for the DUI. You could argue that Ellington and Hansbrough would have gotten a shot somewhere in the first round.

I never argued having NBA talent was not relevent...On the contrary it is. You have to have NBA talent to win a title. Kansas had better talent than UNC last year...No, they really weren't 16 points better, but on that night they were the better team, and proved it by winning it all that following Monday night.

Yeah, dook's choke against Uconn was way worse...That dook team was good, by any measure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.