101 replies to this topic

#61 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

Good lord... you are the worst troll ever TuRD.

The OP presented several scenarios about what he MIGHT do this season:

Another good preseason outing or two?
4-1 TD to interception ratio?
90 or better QB passer rating over half a season's time?

I responded with what it would take from my perspective for him to show he's turning the corner.

Just because you and Mav aren't reading things in the correct context don't assume I can't look up NFL statistics.

http://www.nfl.com/p...ogs?season=2010

Boom Bitch.

#62 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

Just out of curiosity, I am wondering what it would take for Clausen doubters/haters to give him another chance much less support for being a Panther.

There are so many posters on this board who have gone out of their way in post after post after post after post to talk about just how bad Clausen is, that there's no turning back for them. They'll never admit he's gotten better, and even when he's winning games for another franchise they'll insist he's still hopeless and lacks the skill to be an NFL QB. And that's why no one ever really takes them seriously.

And BTW, TRD may be a troll, but at least he can back his statements up and has honest opinions. Most of you just recycle the same old crap and act like it's original thinking.

#63 XLR8

XLR8

Flag that Swag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

:cam: :cam:

#64 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

There are so many posters on this board who have gone out of their way in post after post after post after post to talk about just how bad Clausen is, that there's no turning back for them. They'll never admit he's gotten better, and even when he's winning games for another franchise they'll insist he's still hopeless and lacks the skill to be an NFL QB. And that's why no one ever really takes them seriously.

And BTW, TRD may be a troll, but at least he can back his statements up and has honest opinions. Most of you just recycle the same old crap and act like it's original thinking.

Back it up with what? TiVO? :lol:

And pardon me if what I say from thread to thread is consistent but comes off sounding "recycled". And WTF does that even mean? "Recycled". Recycled from who? Excuse me because I may share similar opinions to other people? Perhaps there aren't as many dumbasses following the Panthers as the Huddle would make you believe.

Maybe you should take the time to read what people are saying instead of jumping to conclusions based on your own notion of who has the bigger epeen.

#65 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

BCG, my post was due to the fact it seems as if a decent chunk of posters here didn't even know Clausen had a game that they themselves would define as decent last year, and apologies if you were one of those that did. Personally I don't think QB rating tells you very much... but by that metric at least he had a couple decent games.

Actually Cyberjag, when he's winning games on another team, they'll say it's the system...

#66 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

Back it up with what? TiVO? :lol:

And pardon me if what I say from thread to thread is consistent but comes off sounding "recycled". And WTF does that even mean? "Recycled". Recycled from who? Excuse me because I may share similar opinions to other people? Perhaps there aren't as many dumbasses following the Panthers as the Huddle would make you believe.

Maybe you should take the time to read what people are saying instead of jumping to conclusions based on your own notion of who has the bigger epeen.

What makes you think I was talking about you? Sensitive much? :D

#67 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,277 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

Responding to Op, 1000 dollars cash, thats what it would take.

#68 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

BCG, my post was due to the fact it seems as if a decent chunk of posters here didn't even know Clausen had a game that they themselves would define as decent last year, and apologies if you were one of those that did. Personally I don't think QB rating tells you very much... but by that metric at least he had a couple decent games.

Actually Cyberjag, when he's winning games on another team, they'll say it's the system...

Mav - I gave Clausen credit for that game in an earlier thread today if you recall (the "what does Cam Starting mean" thread). Even at that the performance was mediocre.

But my larger point, and the same point I said earlier today, is he has showed consistency to not play well. If he can put together another game like that AZ, maybe he has turned the corner. Preseason isn't going to prove that. He had a decent preseason last year too.

#69 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

What makes you think I was talking about you? Sensitive much? :D

Apologies if it wasn't.

But it did come right on the heels of me calling him a troll, again.

#70 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

Mav - I gave Clausen credit for that game in an earlier thread today if you recall (the "what does Cam Starting mean" thread). Even at that the performance was mediocre.

But my larger point, and the same point I said earlier today, is he has showed consistency to not play well. If he can put together another game like that AZ, maybe he has turned the corner. Preseason isn't going to prove that. He had a decent preseason last year too.

Rating is a tough way to evaluate a QB sometimes, but last year in the preseason he had a whopping 46.8 over the three games in which he saw action. This season he's got a 90 so far. Just saying... :)

#71 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, I know you did, and he did win a game, and should have won at least one other, but he didn't. He made some plays last year, just not enough. But I think his terribleness was amplified by all the problems surrounding the team.

His preseason this year is looking better than last year's to me because even though he did move the offense last year he still struggled a bit with getting the team points, but he does need to do more than just play well in preseason. The biggest difference between last offseason and this, though, is that he is improving in practice from week to week. last year, reports were he was worse in practice than in games. WORSE! This year, he's clearly doing well in practice, and hopefully it'll translate to game time. If not, oh well. In reality, he's likely just keeping Cam's seat warm anyway, but I'd like to know we have a competent backup in any case.

#72 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

A win against a team that doesn't suck.

#73 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, I know you did, and he did win a game, and should have won at least one other, but he didn't. He made some plays last year, just not enough. But I think his terribleness was amplified by all the problems surrounding the team.

His preseason this year is looking better than last year's to me because even though he did move the offense last year he still struggled a bit with getting the team points, but he does need to do more than just play well in preseason. The biggest difference between last offseason and this, though, is that he is improving in practice from week to week. last year, reports were he was worse in practice than in games. WORSE! This year, he's clearly doing well in practice, and hopefully it'll translate to game time. If not, oh well. In reality, he's likely just keeping Cam's seat warm anyway, but I'd like to know we have a competent backup in any case.

Yep I mostly agree with this sentiment. Though I think he has some talent issues too.

#74 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Clausen so far is night and day compared to last season when he could not even take a snap in camp. Anyone that thinks the Clausen from last season is the same as this season is either blind, biased, or retarded.

Cam is no doubt the franchise QB in Carolina. But I would like to keep Jimmy on board as a backup. Something tells me with cam's love of national attention and any attention for that matter, Charlotte is to Cam what Cleveland was to Lebron.

#75 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

As long as he doesn't go on national TV to break up with us when his contract is up, I'll be upset he left but won't hold it too much against him. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com