What would it take?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#76 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

Clausen so far is night and day compared to last season when he could not even take a snap in camp. Anyone that thinks the Clausen from last season is the same as this season is either blind, biased, or retarded.

Cam is no doubt the franchise QB in Carolina. But I would like to keep Jimmy on board as a backup. Something tells me with cam's love of national attention and any attention for that matter, Charlotte is to Cam what Cleveland was to Lebron.

I don't think Jimmy is the same QB who started the season last year.....I don't think he is greatly improved from the guy who finished the season last year. Either way, I am fine w/ Jimmy as a backup......but he doesn't have much more than that written on him. Nothing wrong w/ that....having a good backup QB is very important in the league.

#77 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

:lol: Jimmy winning games for another NFL franchise

#78 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

I don't think he is greatly improved from the guy who finished the season last year.

I don't think you have come to terms with the fact that the Panthers did not have a legitimate NFL team on the field last year. No coaching staff. Rookie QB. Rookie WRs. Busted O-Line.

Anyone with any sense will take Clausen's performance last season and just throw it out the window. It has zero relevance.

Those with an agenda however...

#79 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

What if his performance last year matched his performances since he was a 9th grader?

The only difference is he didn't have clearly superior talent surrounding him?

How do you feel then?

#80 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

I would feel like you are grasping at straws.

#81 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

My argument has been the same this entire time.

I feel like you are using that phrase wrong.

I also feel like you haven't seen a lot of Jimmy Clausen football and are shocked he's not what you "saw" at ND

#82 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,164 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

3 TDs, 0 pickles

Honestly if Clausen comes out playing like an all pro don't be surprised if it's Cam that becomes the trade bait. We can't afford to lose a good QB.

fixed :)

#83 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

My argument has been the same this entire time.

I feel like you are using that phrase wrong.

I also feel like you haven't seen a lot of Jimmy Clausen football and are shocked he's not what you "saw" at ND

I think your opinion of your powers of perception is far too high.

I feel you have absolutely no idea what Jimmy is capable of and what will become. Guess what, neither do I, because right now he is playing in his first pro system.

#84 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

Great, but so far I've been dead on and everyone else has been wishing and hoping.

Day after he was drafted I said he'd bring more embarrassment than production. Lucky guess, right?

I've watched a lot of football and even more people, I love to people watch, and they don't change with time. Jim would need literally a revamp of every aspect of his game to be successful from his height, throwing motion, the way his face looks, his family, everything.

There's a reason he was the #1 recruit in the country and couldn't get in to parties at his own high school.

#85 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

Great, but so far I've been dead on and everyone else has been wishing and hoping.

Day after he was drafted I said he'd bring more embarrassment than production. Lucky guess, right?

I've watched a lot of football and even more people, I love to people watch, and they don't change with time. Jim would need literally a revamp of every aspect of his game to be successful from his height, throwing motion, the way his face looks, his family, everything.

There's a reason he was the #1 recruit in the country and couldn't get in to parties at his own high school.

Still aren't getting it....giving up.

#86 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

All we know is what he is, we don't know what he will become.

There is a reason they implemented the "three strikes" for criminals.

#87 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

If you were right as often as you think, then Moore would be starting against the Dolphins. Clausen is this generation's robo-QB, without the drug problem. He may not become a star, but he's certainly better than you seem to think.

#88 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

Missed one.

I thought he would be back, but I also thought we weren't rebuilding.

#89 Ted Stryker

Ted Stryker

Covetous Jew

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

I'm pretty much done with Pickles, yeah he looks a little better but just going by the eyeball test he fails. Honestly, watch the last game, look at him and look at Cam- not even close. Fug stats for a minute, just look at how the plays unfold. Yeah Cam is raw, needs work etc. but he's the best QB on the team right now

#90 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

I don't think you have come to terms with the fact that the Panthers did not have a legitimate NFL team on the field last year. No coaching staff. Rookie QB. Rookie WRs. Busted O-Line.

Anyone with any sense will take Clausen's performance last season and just throw it out the window. It has zero relevance.

Those with an agenda however...

only b/c they had Jimmy Clausen on the field make life near impossible for not only the offense but the defenes as well.

fact remains the D was decent, running game was decent, and WRs were decent when Clausen was not on the field.

call it an agenda if you want....but Clausen wasn't drafted for Fox's offense nor was he drafted for Chuds. He doesn't fit....and that isn't an agenda.

You claim it was Fox.....then why did he have the same habits at ND? Only differnce is you can get away with things college that don't fly in the pros.

You also ignore that Fox has fieled competitive teams w/ weaker quarterbacks pending they remotely fit his scheme. Guys scared to stay in the pocket like Carr or Clausen......just don't work.

Edited by CRA, 18 August 2011 - 07:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.