Photo
- - - - -

Stewart, Goodson, Gamble and Barnridge all questionable for Miami game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
171 replies to this topic

#166 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:38 AM

Barnidge's best chance of making the team has always been special teams. It comes down to whether we want to carry him on the active roster given he is a key part of the special teams and a possible contributer on offense, or we supplement some other position like linebacker or db or even running back. You got to figure he should make the 53 man roster if he has a good preseason.

#167 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:32 AM

I really hope Barnidge makes the team. Gamble misses another game, makes me wonder if they don't want him playing in the preseason just yet so we can give the other Cbs more playing time against other teams first strings. Stewart is out, I hope he can stay healthy come regular season.

Is Greg Hardy,Steve Smith and Jeff Otah expected to play?

#168 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

as usual, stewart handles his injuries like they were paper cuts.

he touched the ball 2x against the giants...but he actually played 3-4 snaps after getting hurt, and finished training camp without missing a beat.

he's no more a liability as the lead back than...oh let's say...deangelo Williams.

at least Williams is off/on. Stewart has these lingering injuries that get brought up whenever he under performs. I don't consider it a great strength to play through injuries if he gets shut down like he did well over half of 2010. It took him weeks and weeks to get going. Williams has his problems with his ankle, but when it's healed he's right as rain.

I like Stewart a lot but this is becoming extremely frustrating. He said he was healthier than he's ever been this season. Then after all that rest during the lockout and 2 carries in a preseason game his Achilles acts up again? The same Achilles from 2009?? The Achilles that he overworked in 2008 because of his turf toe surgery?

I'm sick of the Achilles. I don't care if he misses a game from an actual paper cut at least I'd know his Achilles is finally healed.

#169 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

This is due to the lockout, IMO. There are a lot of Achilles injuries going around the league.

I figured all of that rest would make it better. I'm sure they watch him in TC camp too. 2 carries, blows my mind.

#170 boo7382

boo7382

HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

So we still dont know if Goodson or Stewart will play

#171 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

We just can't lose Kasay and Barnidge in the same year.
It's not FAIR.:nonod::leaving:

#172 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

Stewart has these lingering injuries that get brought up whenever he under performs. I don't consider it a great strength to play through injuries if he gets shut down like he did well over half of 2010. took him weeks and weeks to get going.

i don't remember anyone ever using stewart's nagging injuries as a reason forhim underachieving...people have always mentioned how much he's accomplished despite his injuries.

people keep bringing up his 2010 slow start, but it was the 2009 season that his injuries threatened to sideline him...yet he rushed for 1100+ yards.

he had surgery before the 2010 season, and he wasn't allowed to do anything, zilch, nada in order to recover. when fox said there was nothing wrong with stewart and the problem was him not being in football shape, he wasn't kidding. it's like finding someone off the street just before gametime and suiting him up.

no one used his injuries as a reason for last season's slow start.