• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

#46 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

I can agree with that statement on accuracy not being easy to improve on and I'm glad to see that you do think its possible that can be. The only problem I have is stating opinion as fact like Merill Hoge did about his accuracy after only one preseason game and two weeks of camp. You seemed to be doing that as well, but I will change my opinion on that as well after your comment.

I've also watched most of his college games.

I don't watch plays for their results.

Glad that you missed the entire point of the original OP. You "expectations" or the standard you are holding Cam Newton to was one that even a two time SB champ couldn't reach last night.

I have expectations that if they step on the field, they should make the throws. Just like in basketball I expect them to be able to make open jumpers and in baseball they should be able to hit the fastball down the pipe and field a ground ball.

I gave him a break on balls that were iffy, where the defense got away with some calls, etc.

My only expectation is that the QB puts the ball in a place that doesn't hinder the receivers ability to make a play.

If it's on the ground in the end zone, who cares. If it's on the ground at the 2, bad ball. If a screen is thrown behind the receiver, slowing his momentum and he gets tackled from behind short of a 1st on 3rd and 5, turrible.

#47 Guest_Spot On Dtan_*

Guest_Spot On Dtan_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

TRD telling it like it be.

#48 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

I just really hope that if Cam starts, TRD is wrong... because I'm not confident our defense is good enough to carry us.

#49 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Give me 2 superbowls and everyone can call Cam as overated as they like!:)

give me on and I'll let them double that

#50 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,020 posts

Great trolls think alike :lol: :troll:

#51 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,467 posts

One troll praising another troll.

how 'bout a troll reunion?

#52 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Given the best defense in football, any QB can win a Superbowl.

Phillip Rivers?

I have expectations that if they step on the field, they should make the throws. Just like in basketball I expect them to be able to make open jumpers and in baseball they should be able to hit the fastball down the pipe and field a ground ball.

I gave him a break on balls that were iffy, where the defense got away with some calls, etc.

My only expectation is that the QB puts the ball in a place that doesn't hinder the receivers ability to make a play.

If it's on the ground in the end zone, who cares. If it's on the ground at the 2, bad ball. If a screen is thrown behind the receiver, slowing his momentum and he gets tackled from behind short of a 1st on 3rd and 5, turrible.

Now I see that you never played organized sports at any level.

Edited by GaziVicious, 19 August 2011 - 02:32 PM.

#53 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

I just really hope that if Cam starts, TRD is wrong... because I'm not confident our defense is good enough to carry us.

I couldn't hope to be more wrong because I'd rather the Panthers do well than be proven smarter than a bunch of donkey's on an internet forum.

If Cam does well, Panthers do well and I'm wrong.

If Cam does bad, Panthers do bad and I'm still wrong because it wasn't Cam's fault he did bad.

I'd rather they win and me be wrong rather then them lose and me be wrong

#54 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,650 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

Look back and find the last time I made a pro Matt Moore post that wasn't directly the response to someone else bringing up Matt Moore first.

I'll wait.

Accuracy is a very hard thing to improve upon. He can fix his footwork but that will only marginally help him.Not impossible, it's just not as easy as most people think (which is what I said when people said his footwork would be perfect in no time because he's now working with professional trainers :)).

This statement is inaccurate, footwork is one of the main keys to being accurate. If you get your footwork right and are able to step into throws that will improve your accuracy a great deal. When a QB is able to step into a throw he can deliver it into a tighter window with more velocity then if he throws off his back foot which leads to less velocity and not as much accuracy. If our O line allows Cam enough room to actually step into some passes I think we will all be impressed with Cam's accuracy. He is still a rookie so there will be growing pains but to already label him as an inaccurate passer, and say that he can't become more accurate when he gets his footwork better is asinine.

#55 Guest_Spot On Dtan_*

Guest_Spot On Dtan_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

One troll praising another troll.

how 'bout a troll reunion?

Spot on Dtan is not here to "troll," folks.

Dtan is a beacon of truth,

Illuminating these boards.

The truth will out.

#56 KARASMATIC444

KARASMATIC444

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

lol

#57 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,678 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

Like Fox News?

Exactly like em

#58 psyburn21

psyburn21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

That's fine, especially when scouting for the NFL. I like to take all factors into my opinion of a player, including results. I believe that he can get better with his accuracy based on some of those passes that he threw in college. He did light up some pretty good secondaries in the SEC with passing.

#59 KARASMATIC444

KARASMATIC444

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

The truth will out.

Go Pie Yourself. Dtan..

#60 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,467 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:36 PM

The truth will out.

Dtan you have a long history of trolling, you've been banned from your own team's forum x10 and Eagles board probably many others as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com